Can't change samba workgroup - Rockstor 3.8-15 missing patch

Brief description of the problem

Changed workgroup via GUI

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

Open GUI, typed workgroup, clicked submit -> error.

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/smart_manager/views/samba_service.py", line 83, in post update_global_config(global_config, adconfig) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/samba.py", line 134, in update_global_config tfo.write(' %s = %s\n' % (k, ad_config[k])) KeyError: 'workgroup'

Hi @m3elloa,
my fault!
There’s a pending PR on Github that had to be merged before 3.8-15 release

How to apply this “on the fly”:

• open a shell (root user)
  • curl https://patch-diff.githubusercontent.com/raw/rockstor/rockstor-core/pull/1496.patch > 1496.patch
  • patch -d /opt/rockstor/ -p1 < 1496.patch
  • reboot and you should fine

Mirko

1 Like

@Flyer - Ok, if you want me to try I can or will wait for the update. I changed the workgroup in the smb.conf to allow me to test performance and am in the middle of a huge rsync :slight_smile, but I can always ctrl-c it and re-start.

I also had some trouble getting smb running. Only could do it from samba exports, not from system -> Services -> Samba. Does it addresses that as well?

Ok, don’t stop your running sync :slight_smile:

Actually I don’t know how this update will be released (asap on testing channel, don’t know how @suman going to handle it over stable channel).
If on testing channel don’t worry, you’ll get it shortly, if on stable channel apply that patch after your rsync :slight_smile:
Mirko

All good.

Did you see my comment about starting samba?

I don’t remember my tests (had them while coding patch), but if I’m right this patch solves that too

M.