Dev log for 3.8-15

it seems I had a particularly sloppy day and did not test enough on the last update. My samba improvements did more harm than good. Mea culpa.

On the bright side, it’s great that you quickly caught the regression and @phillxnet even prepared a partial fix. I’ve tested them, added one more commit and we are good… for now… I think… :slight_smile:

So, 3.8-14.04 is now available with samba fix. Plus it also comes with @Flyer’s contribution which displays your Rockstor sytem’s time on the UI. Thanks @phillxnet and @Flyer!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot. Samba seems to work again on my system.

I dont thin k its a question of being sloppy. We are on the testing channel, and things like this will happen.

I see you have added system time to the web ui. Sadly on my system it shows “System Time: 15:45 (-0500 CDT)”, where it is really 22:45 (CET) where I live.

Where do I set it up to show the correct time? Sorry if I missed some instructions, but cant seem to find where to set it up.

2 Likes

Hi @KarstenV, from a shell you can manage you system time via timedatectl

Future plans: add some funcs to allow rockstor users manage system date/time and other little things :slight_smile:

Flyer

3.8-14.05 is out now! and we are breaking the trend of pushing major updates temporarily. @Flyer has fixed a couple of issues quicker than anyone else could get to. Enjoy!

Hi guys,
I’m really proud to contribute to Rockstor with these cool developers @suman @phillxnet and @ganti_priya and hope others will join us!

Meanwhile, an inline news update : Rockstor at position 72 on Distrowatch , we are on fire!

3 Likes

There’s no stopping @Flyer! I just merged his shellinabox feature that gives terminal access to your Rockstor system, securely from the UI. This is very useful for a client-platform independent CLI, especially for those that are not Linux heads like the rest of us here. Also, this makes it easy to help users troubleshoot in many cases. Grazie!

I’ve also fixed a Rock-on related issue(hi there @henfri) . Now there’s a script /opt/rockstor/bin/delete-rockon to delete a Rock-on, its metadata, containers and images. This is useful for more advanced users who may like to start fresh on a Rock-on they are tinkering with. Now you can use @Flyer’s shellinabox feature to run this script and others from the UI.

Yeah, so 3.8-14.06 is now available! There’s a deployment related bug due to which you may see an error while accessing shellinabox. Just restart the rockstor-pre service with systemctl restart rockstor-pre or reboot the machine to get around it. We’ll fix it up in the next update. Other than that, this is a great update. Enjoy!

2 Likes

3.8-14.07 is now available! We closed two issues in this update, one from @phillxnet and the other from @Flyer, both are nice enhancements to existing functionality. Thank you guys!

1 Like

My rockstor is telling me there is a 3.8-14.08 update.

But no news has been posted here.

Is it safe to push update?

Probably @suman working on latest adds and just missing annoucement, so go on :slight_smile:

Yup, just about to post.

Hello everyone! and @KarstenV :slight_smile:

3.8-14.08 is now available. I’ve merged two pull requests in this update, both are nice enhancements to the e-mail notification setup and both are contributed by @Flyer. Thank you!

2 Likes

Howdy Rockstors! 3.8-14.09 is now available. This is a special update as we have a new contributor @grebnek, bringing our contributor count to 18! I’d like to highlight that @grebnek reported an issue in this post and went ahead to fix it with his pr. Thank you!

I’ve also merged another pr from @Flyer who promptly fixed a regression that slipped in the last update.

you may have seen in another thread that I unable to import my pool from a previous installation. from what little I can understand, I think that it may be related to the way that this test version of rockstor has changed from dev/sdb etc to using longer device names - has this broken the import mechanism?

Nice to see so many improvements and new features, any feeling when the offcial stable release could be available? :grin:

There’s one main pending change and a few smaller ones remaining before which I am reluctant to make a stable release. But as you said, we have some really good stuff already merged in this cycle, thanks to contributions of @Flyer, @phillxnet and @ganti_priya I don’t want to predict how long we have left, but hopefully soon.