Create A New User.
Filled in

• User Name
  • Password
  • repeat Password
  • chose admin group
  • email
    Submit

Could it be related to my update problems yesterday?

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/user.py", line 169, in post smbpasswd(invar['username'], invar['password']) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/users.py", line 159, in smbpasswd raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc) CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/smbpasswd -s -a backup. rc = 127. stdout = . stderr = /usr/bin/smbpasswd: error while loading shared libraries: libwbclient.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

It appears the user was successfully created… (at least that’s what it says when I try to click Submit again)

@HarryHUK Hello again. Re:

Quite possibly. We have seen a good few reports of a failed samba update on the CentOS side and:

looks related.

Take a look at for example:

and it’s links. There are other such reports on the forum under “samba failed” search or the like.

Once that is sorted, likely via a re-install of a samba lib as the upstream samba libraries during what is now a fairly massive update from our very old 3.9.1 iso, you should be sorted.

Another such thread is the following:

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Thanks @phillxnet .

After fighting to fix broken packages for a bit, I gave up and re-installed 3.9.1 from scratch.
Importing the data disks was easy.

Then I did a yum update (from ssh from laptop, rather than web-UI System Shell this time)
A couple of reboots and a system update from the web-UI (rockstor itself hadn’t updated)
I was up to rockstor 3.9.2 on 4.12 kernel.

Adding users was a lot better then!

3 Likes