Error on scan disk

I’n new to this Rockstor NAS, I’ve follow the installation guide and able to install in my VM environment.

After I login I go to disk menu and rescan, I encounter this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py”, line 377, in post
return self._update_disk_state()
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py”, line 145, in inner
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py”, line 322, in _update_disk_state
p.uuid = btrfs_uuid(dob.name)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/fs/btrfs.py”, line 1055, in btrfs_uuid
[BTRFS, ‘filesystem’, ‘show’, ‘/dev/disk/by-id/%s’ % disk])
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 115, in run_command
raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /sbin/btrfs filesystem show /dev/disk/by-id/sda3. rc = 1. stdout = [’’]. stderr = [‘ERROR: not a valid btrfs filesystem: /dev/disk/by-id/sda3’, ‘’]

have you encounter this?

guys, found a solution. Looks like its common issue in esxi. Below the link for fix

https://sort.symantec.com/public/documents/sfha/6.1/vmwareesx/productguides/html/sfhas_virtualization/ch09s05s01.htm

@boy_dreamer Welcome to the Rockstor community.

Yes this is a short fall on our side as with any disk other than the system disk we display a message indicating the serial issue with a link to the Minimum system requirements in our Quick start doc section which mentions this caveate for VMware (although the link itself was only added in the following referenced pull request).

But the good news is that this stumbling block, communication wise, for no serial on system disk has now been sorted via the following:
https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/pull/1876

But of course this will only take effect after our next iso release.

Well done on rapidly finding you way around this one and thanks for posting the concise page on it’s remedy. I look forward to the next iso so that we no longer trip up in this scenario.