expected string or buffer

[Please complete the below template with details of the problem reported on your Web-UI. Be as detailed as possible. Community members, including developers, shall try and help. Thanks for your time in reporting this issue! We recommend purchasing commercial support for expedited support directly from the developers.]

Brief description of the problem

[write here]

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

[write here]

Web-UI screenshot

[Drag and drop the image here]

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

[paste here]

Hi @Clive_Conlon,

Unfortunately, we do not have much to start helping you here… Would you be able to provide more information as listed in the template you used? Mainly, we would need to know:

1. What led to this error?
  2. If you can reproduce it, how?
  3. What is the full error message?

Hope we can help you on your issue,

Best,

Hi Flox, sorry, this is how your bug report sent the mail automatically.

I am trying to install Rockstor, but it does not complete, the error says: “An unknown error has ocurred”.

I am trying to see what would be the easiest way of copying the bug data with not having to type it all out.

If you’re encountering an issue during the first installation process, could you provide more information on:

1. you system: physical or virtual machine? How many drives (and what type) were connected? (note that I usually prefer to connect only the drive that will receive the OS during install to simplify things. You can plug all the data drives later on)
  2. the step at which you encountered the error?

Yeah, this can be quite tricky… Sometimes people take a picture of the screen, that can always be helpful.