[SOLVED] Impossible to update Rock-ons

Emby Server prevents me from updating rock-ons

I just clicked on the update button in the web ui and I got this problem

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 106, in post self._create_update_meta(r, rockons[r]) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 145, in inner return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 185, in _create_update_meta handle_exception(Exception(e_msg), self.request) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/util.py", line 47, in handle_exception trace=traceback.format_exc()) RockStorAPIException: ['Duplicate container(embyserver) definition detected. It belongs to another Rock-on(EmbyServer). Uninstall one of them and try again.', 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-0.16.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 34, in run\n client, addr = self.socket.accept()\n File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 202, in accept\n sock, addr = self._sock.accept()\nerror: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable\n']

Hi @Glotoven, and welcome to the community!

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you; I was unable to do so until now.

tl;dr: to fix this, you simply need to uninstall the current EmbyServer rock-on, click “Update”, and then re-install it (if needed).

As you mentioned, the error you are seeing is related to a conflict in the container name (embyserver) being seen as part of an already-installed rock-on. This conflict is related to an update to this rock-on that rolled out last February (see link below) that allowed those with compatible hardware to take advantage of the hardware transcoding feature from Emby. The opportunity was taken to also update its name to improve clarity and consistency with other rock-ons. This unfortunately had the drawback of requiring a rock-on uninstall-reinstall, but this was required anyway in order for the rock-on to update to the latest docker image version. Note that no data is lost in the process as all data is kept intact in the rockstor shares associated to this rock-on, which means the new install will start in the same state as the previous install.

To resolve this issue, you thus need to follow the normal update procedure for this rock-on, which is:

1. Click on the little wrench icon next to the ON/OFF toggle and write down any setting of importance (if any)
  2. Uninstall the current “EmbyServer” rock-on.
  3. Click the “Update” button in the top right corner of Rockstor’s webUI.
  4. Re-install the “Emby Server” rock-on using the same shares and settings as before.
  5. Apply any post-install customization you may have had before (using notes from step 1 if needed).

I apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused, but thanks for letting us know whether or not you are now all set.

Hope this helps,

1 Like

Thank you, it works well now!!

1 Like