Installation of Transmission Rock-On Broke Plex

I was (finally) configuring the final revision of my new Rockstor NAS today when I encountered a problem. I had the Plex Rock-On installed and scanning my media library when I decided to set up Transmission to seed the occasional Rockstor ISO. After setting up Transmission and downloading some test files, I went back to check on my Plex server’s progress. I found that, while I could open the Plex Rock-On UI, it just sat at “Looking for Servers”. I selected the option to use insecure connections, but no such luck. I then tried to access the server using my Roku’s Plex app and was able to access the server and play media without any issues.

I proceeded to stop Transmission and Plex, restart the NAS, and restart Plex only to encounter the same problem. I verified that Transmission and Plex aren’t assigned conflicting port numbers, I have each Rock-On set up with its own User in its own Group, and each as its own Data and Config shares. The fact that I can navigate to the Plex Rock-On’s web page at http://192.168.0.24:32400/web/index.html (192.168.0.24 being my NAS’s static IP, and 32400 the port Plex is assigned) and see the Plex UI, successfully log into my Plex account, and manage my account settings means at least PART of the Rock-On is functional. I can even see the server listed in my Plex account’s devices.

Now I have completely uninstalled Transmission, removed the Transmission data share and service account, and restarted the NAS with no success.

I have not encountered any errors, but here are the logs from around the time I stopped, restarted, and opened the Plex UI:

[07/Mar/2017 18:56:25] ERROR [storageadmin.util:43] Error while processing remote metastore at http://rockstor.com/rockons/root.json. Lower level exception: HTTPConnectionPool(host='rockstor.com', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /rockons/root.json (Caused by : [Errno -2] Name or service not known)
[07/Mar/2017 18:56:25] ERROR [storageadmin.util:47] exception: HTTPConnectionPool(host='rockstor.com', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /rockons/root.json (Caused by : [Errno -2] Name or service not known)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 40, in _handle_exception
yield
File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 380, in _get_available
response = requests.get(remote_root, timeout=10)
File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/api.py", line 55, in get
return request('get', url, **kwargs)
File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/api.py", line 44, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py", line 279, in request
resp = self.send(prep, stream=stream, timeout=timeout, verify=verify, cert=cert, proxies=proxies)
File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py", line 374, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/adapters.py", line 209, in send
raise ConnectionError(e)
ConnectionError: HTTPConnectionPool(host='rockstor.com', port=80): Max retries exceeded with url: /rockons/root.json (Caused by : [Errno -2] Name or service not known)
[07/Mar/2017 18:56:25] DEBUG [storageadmin.util:48] Current Rockstor version: 3.8.16-0
[07/Mar/2017 18:56:25] ERROR [smart_manager.data_collector:750] failed to update Rock-on metadata. low-level exception: 500 Server Error: INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

At this point I have very little use for Transmission and I just want to get Plex working again. Does anyone have any suggestions before I uninstall Plex? I suspect that Transmission altered Docker’s network settings in a way that broke Plex’s ability to broadcast its status/existence. If that’s the case, I think Docker’s network settings would have to be reset or edited to fix this. Even removing the Rock-On data directory might not do that for me.