Problem with Rock-ons, guide

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py”, line 406, in _get_available
cur_res = requests.get(cur_meta_url, timeout=10)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/api.py”, line 55, in get
return request(‘get’, url, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/api.py”, line 44, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py”, line 279, in request
resp = self.send(prep, stream=stream, timeout=timeout, verify=verify, cert=cert, proxies=proxies)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py”, line 374, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/adapters.py”, line 215, in send
raise Timeout(e)
Timeout: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘rockstor.com’, port=80): Request timed out. (timeout=10)

I found people had the same problem
tried to use the troubleshooting
don’t work in my case
I don’t know what I need to setup first…
I created the share Rocks-on as requested 5Gb
tried to repair with the small wrench…

the same, cannot update the list

can you help to figure out what can be wrong?

thanks
best regards

Hi @Aragorne-64,

Based on the error you are seeing, I assume it happened after trying to refresh the rock-ons list by clicking the Update button on the top right of the Rock-ons page?

This is the important bit here: the connection to the sever timed out. As explained by @phillxnet in the post linked below, this error can simply result from the server being busy at the time:

Another cause could be that your machine has some connectivity issue. Could you verify if you can ping or curl rockstor.com? This is what I have from my machine, for instance:

> curl -I http://rockstor.com:80
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:09:59 GMT
Server: Apache
Last-Modified: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 18:49:12 GMT
ETag: "5b96-59ce736a95a00"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 23446
Content-Type: text/html

Also, is it the first time you click the rock-ons Update button or has it worked in the past?

In case the above doesn’t help:

Feel free to describe in more details the troubleshooting that was done and what you got as a result.

In term of setup, I would refer you to the related documentation for more details, but briefly, you seem to have set it up as you should:

1. click on the little wrench icon next to the Rock-ons service to configure it
  2. Turn it ON
  3. Click the Update button in the Rock-ons page to refresh the list of available rock-ons.

Documentation can be found below:
http://rockstor.com/docs/docker-based-rock-ons/overview.html#rock-ons-docker-plugins

Most likely, this error should not persist if it is indeed due to the server being very busy at the moment, but let us know how it goes.

Best,

1 Like