[SOLVED] My Rock-ons are all messed up

I had the OpenVPN rock-on installed, and it was working great. I went to install the Deluge rock-on, but it just keeps setting in a failed state. The log just says:

Rockon(Deluge) is in pending state but there is no pending or failed task for it.

I then went to try and install utorrent, but got the same thing. So I thought id uninstall OpenVPN, but it wouldn’t stop, no matter what steps I tried. The toggle just kept flipping back to On from Off.

Finally, getting frustrated, I decided I’d stop the rock-on service and remove the Share I created, remove the pool I created, and basically start over with the Rock-Ons. So I got it all removed, and then reconfigured a Pool, and a Share. I setup the Rock-On service again, and started it.

However, now I have an OpenVPN entry that shows as Installed with a current status: unknown_error. If I try and uninstall it, nothing happens. The only line in the log is:

ERROR [storageadmin.views.rockon:81] Rockon(OpenVPN) is in pending state but there is no pending or failed task for it.

I tried to install another rock-on, but they all fail with nothing in the log file other than “Rockon(…) is in pending state but there is no pending or failed task for it.”

So I guess what I am asking is, without just blowing my whole rockstor image away, how can I get the rock-ons reset and back to scratch? There must be some config files stored outside of the rock-on root share, as even after completely erasing that whole pool, the OpenVPN is showing as installed, but in an unknown_error state.

Sometimes it’s as simple as a reboot!

Restarted my box, and everything was working again.

Nice to read your rock-on problem is also solved. :thumbsup: