[solved] Unable to create new shares

Hi, hope you can help. Been playing with RS for about a week, so far so good. I’ve installed a plex server and all is running smoothly. now i’m trying to create a new share for transmission and it pops an error.

recreate: storage > shares > create new

here is the msg

Error running a command. cmd = /sbin/btrfs subvolume create -i 2015/24 /mnt2/rockstor_rockstor/transm-data. rc = 1. stdout = [“Create subvolume ‘/mnt2/rockstor_rockstor/transm-data’”, ‘’]. stderr = [‘ERROR: cannot create subvolume: Operation not permitted’, ‘’]

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/share.py”, line 171, in post
add_share(pool, sname, pqid)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/fs/btrfs.py”, line 347, in add_share
return run_command(sub_vol_cmd)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 121, in run_command
raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /sbin/btrfs subvolume create -i 2015/24 /mnt2/rockstor_rockstor/transm-data. rc = 1. stdout = [“Create subvolume ‘/mnt2/rockstor_rockstor/transm-data’”, ‘’]. stderr = [‘ERROR: cannot create subvolume: Operation not permitted’, ‘’]

running latest 3.9.1-16
plenty of space on hdd (160gb free)
logged as admin

any help would be appreciated. thank you.

update: after some further reading, from ssh this is what comes up

[root@rockstor ~]# lsattr /mnt2/
----i----------- /mnt2/rockstor_rockstor
---------------- /mnt2/home
---------------- /mnt2/root
---------------- /mnt2/rockons
---------------- /mnt2/rs-share
---------------- /mnt2/rs-web
---------------- /mnt2/rs-photos
---------------- /mnt2/rs-artwork
---------------- /mnt2/rs-media
---------------- /mnt2/plex-conf

so for what I read on this post

the directory rockstor_rockstor has the “i” flag. I did not set this up and was able to create shares till yesterday. waiting for a reply if the solution on that thread would help solve the problem

solution: chattr -i /mnt2/rockstor_rockstor

@satello Hello again.

Yes this has been seen and I’m not sure myself why the immutable flag is occasionally set. I think you would be OK to remove this flag as regular installs don’t have it set:

lsattr /mnt2/
---------------- /mnt2/rockstor_install-test
---------------- /mnt2/root

And in your referenced thread there is a link to where in a recent stable release fix we auto remove this flag to prevent it blocking the removal of shares, which would also break one of the mechanisms used in duplication: hence the heavy handed approach.

https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/pull/1883

The pertinent part of that change being:

Hope that helps.

thank you for your pront reply. will try tomorrow and refer back. happy sunday.

update

problem solved with solution above. thanks for your help.