Access ESXi datastores in Rockstor

Hi,

I need a bit of help setting up shares in Rockstor. I am running as a VM on ESXi. See screenshot 1. Rockstor is all running fine and the installation was quite straight forward.

On that screenshot VMStore is a 250GB hard disk that has RS installed on it. I want to use the other 2 disks to contain my shares (with them setup as a raid unit). This used to be my config in FreeNas.

But I cannot find how to make these 1.8TB disks visible in RS.

Can anyone put me on the right track?

Also, how do you setup the units as a raid pair (I am happy with just software based raid 5 for now)?

Thanks a lot,

Av.

Hi,
Did you install the VM tools? If not please do so.
How are you trying to access the disks, via RDM, vmdk, or pcie pass through?(Guessing its not pcie pass through based on the pic

Mirroring should be a snap to set up once you can see the disks :smile: just need a little more info before i could point you in a direction.

1 Like

Hi,

if you have set up everything, I would be interested in your setup and configuration. I do have a NL40 too, have thought about esxi setup as well, but never did it because of I thought performance is a problem.
Which services do you run and what could be a problem.

thanks

The pic shows the summary of the ESXi host, not your Rockstor virtual guest. To have this space available in Rockstor, you need to add virtual disks to the Rockstor guest, not via the ESXi host.

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll put a bit more details. I am trying to access the disk via vmdk and Vmtools are installed. This is my guest setup where we can see the 1TB that I want to use for my shares:

The issue is I cannot see this datastore in RockStor. I was expecting it to be under disks.

I have combined the screenshots this time as I can only post one picture.

Thanks,

Av.

Hey guys,

I came across this post and I can now see my new 1TB virtual disk.

Rockstor on VMWare with multiple disks

disk.EnableUUID=“true”

Thanks,

Av.

1 Like