Duplicati installation failed

Hi,
I’m trying to install the new Duplicati docker, but it fails.
I’ve created a 10 GB share with permissions fora dedicated user. This is what the *.log says:

[04/Dec/2019 13:17:43] ERROR [storageadmin.util:44] Exception: ‘/dev/sdd’
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py”, line 459, in post
return self._update_disk_state()
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py”, line 145, in inner
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/disk.py”, line 322, in _update_disk_state
p_info = dev_pool_info[dev_name]
KeyError: ‘/dev/sdd’
[04/Dec/2019 13:18:04] ERROR [storageadmin.views.rockon:82] Rockon (Duplicati - by Linuxserver.io) is in pending state but there is no pending or failed task for it.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Uli

Hi @upapi_rockstor,

The last error leads me to think your attempt at installing the rock-on remained hanging and somehow never completed. Now, I wonder why that is, and the first error you report (pasted below) may indicate some problem with your disks/pools… @phillxnet, would you have an idea regarding the error below?

Going back to the new Duplicati rock-on, I believe you would need to reset its status using the /opt/rockstor/bin/delete-rockon script. See below for instructions:

In your case, the command should be:
/opt/rockstor/bin/delete-rockon "Duplicati - by Linuxserver.io"

Then, click “Update” on the rock-on page to refresh the database status, and you should be able to try again its installation. Note, however, that it would fail again if the error I pasted above is causing this issue, so we may need to resolve that one first.

By the way, would you be able to specify which version of Rockstor you are using?

Sorry for the rather brief reply, I’m a little short on time now, but still wanted to chime in…

1 Like

Hi @Flox,

thank you very much for the reply. I refreshed the database status but the problem still exists. Maybe a bigger problem with the pool?

OS Linux Rockstor release 3.9.23 (Core)
Kernel 4.12.4-1.el7.elrepo.x86_64
Uptime 1 day(s), 23 hours(s), 44 minute(s)
Last boot Mon 02 Dec 2019 02:53:09 PM CET
Current user(s) 1 connected
Server datetime 2019-12-04 14:37:37
Rockstor version 3.9.2.50

Perhaps there is a way to install the docker image outside the WebGUI?

OK, I think there is a problem with assigning / reassigning my external disk on ther WebGUI.

How can I rid of this thing?

@upapi_rockstor Hello again. Re:

Agreed. And this matches your earlier error message.

Can you tell us something about this ‘external’ disk, i.e. is it disconnected?

Also can you post the output of:

btrfs fi show

and a screen shot of your Disks page and Pools page. Something not right here.

Normally the external USB disk is disconnected. Regardles of connected or disconnected disk it shows:

root@nas:~ # btrfs fi show
Label: ‘rockstor_rockstor’ uuid: 411f9668-d9f9-425a-9826-93389a3fec84
Total devices 1 FS bytes used 3.07GiB
devid 1 size 26.35GiB used 26.35GiB path /dev/sdb3

Label: ‘DATA1’ uuid: a22d9b5e-57a8-41b8-9e26-9cf86b255da2
Total devices 1 FS bytes used 1.42TiB
devid 1 size 3.64TiB used 1.63TiB path /dev/sda

Label: ‘DATA2’ uuid: 6b993e67-6b22-4f3b-a7c0-a2194b32cda5
Total devices 1 FS bytes used 1.46TiB
devid 1 size 3.64TiB used 1.49TiB path /dev/sdc