Feature requests regarding mail alerts/notifications

Hello all,

I’m new to Rockstor and installed the first system today. There were some little issues installing it as virtual machine but now it’s running.

Now, I’m starting with the configuration and found some issues configuring mail notifications. It would be helpful to get the following features implemented:

1. If a mail notification is configured you can send a test mail or you can delete the email alert. But you can’t edit it. You first have to delete and then to recreate it. It’s more comfortable to edit the mail notification.

2. You can set a SMTP port. That’s good. But you can’t deactivate TLS. In internal networks there’s not always the need to send mails via encrypted network connections. Is it possible to give an option to send mails without TLS?

3. What about sending alerts to more recipients? How can I do this without creating a distribution list on a mail server? Sometimes it’s useful to send mail alerts to more than one recipient.

Kind Regards

TheExpert

There is already a ticket regarding the multiple recipients

https://forum.rockstor.com/t/request-add-more-than-one-email-address-for-alarming/2498

The rest sounds resonable to be, too.

1 Like

Please, please, can you do something with this? I am unable to setup e-mail notifications just because of this one. All other software / service have that we have are set up with no problems, just because they have this option to disable TLS in SMTP communication.

Can you please advice me, how to do that in shell if it is not possible through WebUI right now?

Hi @Lukas

After setting up the email notifications through the Rockstor interface, you could modify the /etc/postfix/main.cf file and try changing:

smtp_use_tls = yes

to

smtp_use_tls = no

Then you’d need to restart postfix:

sudo systemctl restart postfix

Thank you @vesper1978 for that quick response - you saved my day :smiley:
Finally, this is what needed to be changed in /etc/postfix/main.cf in order to get the mail notification working in my environment:

smtp_use_tls = no
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no