Owncloud php issue

Hello all,

I’m having some trouble with owncloud. I have a feeling because of recent updates to rockstor or owncloud that something has broken. Here are the details:

1. I can login to rockstor UI, login and I see that the owncloud rockon is running.
  2. I can go to the owncloud UI and login. I see the following error after logging in as admin, then selecting Admin from the right side user menu:

Security & setup warnings

php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv(“PATH”) only returns an empty response.
Please check the installation documentation for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.
Your web server is not yet set up properly to allow file synchronization because the WebDAV interface seems to be broken.
This server has no working Internet connection. This means that some of the features like mounting external storage, notifications about updates or installation of third-party apps will not work. Accessing files remotely and sending of notification emails might not work, either. We suggest to enable Internet connection for this server if you want to have all features.
No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.
The “Strict-Transport-Security” HTTP header is not configured to least “15768000” seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.
Please double check the installation guides :arrow_upper_right:, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

On my windows machine, I have removed owncloud, and set it up again, but it isn’t syncing because of a problem with webdav.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Amir

This seems like an internal OwnCloud issue. I’d be interested to find out if any Rockstor/BTRFS behavior triggered it though. Check the contents of your owncloud config and data Shares, may be there are some logs there. Also, Rock-ons do log to /var/log/messages. It may be hard to parse through them though. So, you can just run sosreport and send the resulting tgz file to support@rockstor.com and I can take a look.

The #1 suspect at this point without any evidence is if one of your Shares for OwnCloud ran out of space. I doubt it, but logs will help.

Hi, first time poster and newbee Rockstor user. Seems to be a really awesome product!

I’m integrating it into our infiniband backbone in the studio. I will not use it for anything mission critical yet, however I thought I could run it as my main ownCloud server for now. Everything seems to be working ok, but I get the same errors in my ownCloud panel as above. I’'l paste it here just in case some detail is different.

`- php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv(“PATH”) only returns an empty response.
Please check the installation documentation :arrow_upper_right: for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.

• The “Strict-Transport-Security” HTTP header is not configured to least “15768000” seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.

• Transactional file locking is using the database as locking backend, for best performance it’s advised to configure a memcache for locking. See the documentation :arrow_upper_right: for more information.

• No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.`

To me, and forgive my layman assumptions, there is some issues with the php install in the docker setup. I’ve been poking around in the various folders with cryptic names without really finding anything I could tweak in terms of php or apache settings.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Peter.

@priel71 Welcome to the Rockstor community and I’m glad you like it so far. Thanks for refreshing this thread as it does look like there are some things in the owncloud docker image that could be improved. I’m afraid this is a little out of my expertise so I can’t really contribute anything on this one. I’m fairly sure if all goes well, or well enough, that the whole docker / rock-ons subsystem in Rockstor is due for an overhaul so if nothing else in the not to distant future it should be easier to use alternative docker images and hence empower the community to surface the pick of the pack as it were.

Anyone else have any ideas on why this is happening or how it might be sorted? Thanks.

Thanks @phillxnet, it would be good if there was some sort of description of the files & folders in the dockers. I don’t mind tweaking some php files to get the warnings away… as it’s mainly smaller stuff as far as I can see. There is another issue with ownCloud apps though, a lot of them wont install, and it’s most likely due to the above mentioned warnings. So that’s a bit of a bummer.

All this makes me a little hesitant in using rockstor as the OS for my ownCloud setup. If there is a major overhaul for the rockons in the works, I’m worried it will break my ownCloud install. Would be bad to be 6 months in with the entire staff using the ownCloud and then a upgrade breaks it all… yikes. I’d take some heat then… :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe a clean ownCloud install on a centos machine would be wiser. Too bad tho, Rockstor seems nice!

Peter.

Hello. I have the same problem after install owncloud
`- php does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv(“PATH”) only returns an empty response.
Please check the installation documentation :arrow_upper_right: for php configuration notes and the php configuration of your server, especially when using php-fpm.

•The “Strict-Transport-Security” HTTP header is not configured to least “15768000” seconds. For enhanced security we recommend enabling HSTS as described in our security tips.

•Transactional file locking is using the database as locking backend, for best performance it’s advised to configure a memcache for locking. See the documentation :arrow_upper_right: for more information.

•No memory cache has been configured. To enhance your performance please configure a memcache if available. Further information can be found in our documentation.`

and I don’t know what I have to do
rockstor is very good but too more problems. I think in future it will be solved. I hope.

Hi @Sergey, I ended up building a dedicated owncloud box on a centos 7 install. Most of the issue you have listed aren’t critical as far as I understand it. I still have some warnings / errors in my admin panel. The memory cache stuff is still there, and not really needed unless you run a cloud system for a huge amount of users. The php issues are a problem however, since the php.ini file isnt easy to find in the docker setup. Was never able to figure this out myself, as the file structure is really complicated (messy?).

thank you for answer. But I think it`s mean that better I can try install owncloud direct to rockstor not into the docker. But I do not understand shall I have an issue after update rockstor not minor upgrade but for example from 3 version to 4 version rockstor nas software - with owncloud (example nas4free). Or may be it will be good work and I do not lose my data.