Plex Media Server Rock-on

Hmm, I just reinstalled the Plex rockon from scratch and it doesn’t appear install the media server component? Clicking “add media” takes me to a page that says “Add your media to Plex
Organise, beautify, stream, and share your personal collection of movies, TV, music, and photos anywhere, on all your devices. To get started, download our free Plex Media Server software on the device where you store your media.” and a “Get Plex media server” button

Turns out it’s working as intended and it needs PLEX_CLAIM with a token put in the docker config somewhere. I don’t know that it can be done via the GUI

Hi @gaspode,

I’m not that familiar with Plex’s details, butI just tried to install it and it seems to behave as expected (if I understand correctly what you need to achieve).

I just installed it fresh, and then followed the details provided by @phillxnet to skip the multiple pop-ups asking you to create and use a Plex account:

Once I’m at the Plex webUI home screen, I see a “MORE” in the left sidebar with a yellow exclamation point icon:

Clicking it and then on my server name (still on the left side panel) brings me to a notice that my server is unclaimed:

Clicking “Claim it now” brings me to the Plex settings where I seem to be able to claim the server after login to a plex account.

Again, I’m not a Plex user so I’m unfamiliar with how that works, but you seem to be able to do it via Plex’s UI that way. Otherwise, yes, you can add the CLAIM_TOKEN to the docker command, but for this you will need to do it from the command line and not through the Plex rock-on.

If I understand correctly, using the Plex UI should allow you to do what you need, but please don’t hesitate to prove me wrong and bring more details on what you’re trying to achieve.

Hope this helps,

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips.

My Rockstor in multihomed, it has a 1 Gb LAN connection to the whole network and a 10Gb direct connection to my main desktop machine. The hostname resolves to the LAN IP

Once I accessed the plex UI via the 10Gb Direct IP Plex let me claim the server and add media.

2 Likes

Great!

I wouldn’t have thought of that, so well done and, most of all, thanks for sharing your solution!