Problem Building Rockstor 4 with Vagrant

@mikemonkers, thanks for the information on the reboot. I changed it a little bit, because I noticed in my case that the run option always would be run everytime I ran vagrant up. So I changed it to once to only have it reboot after the provisioning is complete but not in subsequent up/halt scenarios. Again, if the sole purpose is to run vagrant to create the iso and then throw it away, it doesn’t matter, really.

config.vm.provision "shell",
        run: "once",
        reboot: true

but I have not been able to figure out the updating/repairing the Guest Additions within the LEAP vagrant box, without the workaround I outlined above of installing the three vbox related pacakges after the first error out, and then reloading the vagrant box, which will in turn then finish the configuration. After that everything is fine, including the shared folders. Key is to not reload or halt/up the vagrant box after the first error, otherwise that UID mismatch issue comes into play (mentioned by @2fatdogs earlier)

While the box is still up after the error, the Guest Addition command needs to be issued, and only then the vagrant reload should be executed. Then the creator UID will be fixed and the shared folders are mounted correctly.

1 Like