Rockstor 4.5.7 Cannot create share with quotas disabled on pool

Not sure, whether this was discussed already in the past (my search didn’t yield any relevant results), but on Rockstor 4.5.7 during share creation on a pool for which the quotas are disabled, the UI comes back with an error that prevents it from doing so:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception yield
File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/share.py", line 206, in post add_share(pool, sname, pqid)
File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/fs/btrfs.py", line 652, in add_share return run_command(sub_vol_cmd)
File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 227, in run_command raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/sbin/btrfs subvolume create -i -1/-1 /mnt2/rockleap/config-test2. rc = 255. stdout = ['']. stderr = ['ERROR: invalid qgroupid or subvolume path: -1/-1', '']`

On the flip side, when I have quotas enabled on the pool, the share is created without a problem.

On my current 4.1 “production” instance (with kernel backport installed), the same behavior seems to occur, I just did not notice because I had not created any new shares, since I disabled the quotas on there some time ago.

1 Like

Created a new GitHub issue for this as well:

2 Likes

@Hooverdan Just doing a quick follow-up on your issue as a result of this thread.

As you already know, given you diagnosed it in your referenced issue. We now have this fixed in our 4.5.8-0 release as per the following now merged pull request:

https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/pull/2511

with this link included in our recent release notes here on the forum:

Just to bring this thread to a conclusion.

Thanks again for reporting and researching this issue. As always much appreciated.

2 Likes