2nd installation's root password does not work on server's terminal

I installed on a new server rockstor.
After my first try I could use my root password to log in directly on the machine.

I forced the ip-address to a fix value and i forced it in the router too.
After that I reinstalled rockstor.

I set a root password (during installation process).
After reboot I cannot log in as root with my password directly on the server.
Remotely from another linux machine’s terminal it works.

Any idea what is wrong with my installation?

Is there any difference between trying to login physically with the wrong password vs the right password?

/var/log/messages and /var/log/secure might have some information if you inspect it also.
My guess from experience with CentOS is that PAM is messing around trying to reference files that don’t exist, or have moved

I can’t see any differences (login physically with the wrong password vs the right password).
Message is: Login incorrect.

(maybe it was wrong to rename the maschines name during installation from Rockstor to myrockstor?)

/var/log/messages says nothing (means too much)

/var/log/secure shows this about the tries (for me this requirement is remarkarkable: requirement “uid >= 1000” not met by user “root” ):

May 31 09:17:34 myrockstor login: pam_unix(login:auth): authentication failure; logname=LOGIN uid=0 euid=0 tty=tty1 ruser= rhost= user=root
May 31 09:17:34 myrockstor login: pam_succeed_if(login:auth): requirement “uid >= 1000” not met by user “root”
May 31 09:17:36 myrockstor login: FAILED LOGIN 1 FROM tty1 FOR root, Authentication failure

May 31 09:17:55 myrockstor login: pam_succeed_if(login:auth): requirement “uid >= 1000” not met by user “root”
May 31 09:17:58 myrockstor login: FAILED LOGIN 2 FROM tty1 FOR root, Authentication failure

May 31 09:18:26 myrockstor login: pam_unix(login:auth): authentication failure; logname=LOGIN uid=0 euid=0 tty=tty1 ruser= rhost= user=simpleuser
May 31 09:18:28 myrockstor login: FAILED LOGIN 1 FROM tty1 FOR simpleuser, Authentication failure

May 31 09:18:53 myrockstor login: pam_unix(login:auth): check pass; user unknown
May 31 09:18:53 myrockstor login: pam_unix(login:auth): authentication failure; logname=LOGIN uid=0 euid=0 tty=tty1 ruser= rhost=
May 31 09:18:55 myrockstor login: FAILED LOGIN 2 FROM tty1 FOR (unknown), User not known to the underlying authentication module

May 31 09:19:16 myrockstor login: FAILED LOGIN SESSION FROM tty1 FOR simpleuser, Authentication failure
May 31 09:19:16 myrockstor login: PAM 1 more authentication failure; logname=LOGIN uid=0 euid=0 tty=tty1 ruser= rhost= user=simpleuser

May 31 09:20:02 myrockstor login: pam_unix(login:auth): check pass; user unknown
May 31 09:20:02 myrockstor login: pam_unix(login:auth): authentication failure; logname=LOGIN uid=0 euid=0 tty=tty1 ruser= rhost=
May 31 09:20:04 myrockstor login: FAILED LOGIN 1 FROM tty1 FOR (unknown), User not known to the underlying authentication module

May 31 09:20:10 myrockstor login: pam_unix(login:auth): authentication failure; logname=LOGIN uid=0 euid=0 tty=tty1 ruser= rhost= user=root
May 31 09:20:10 myrockstor login: pam_succeed_if(login:auth): requirement “uid >= 1000” not met by user “root”
May 31 09:20:11 myrockstor login: FAILED LOGIN 2 FROM tty1 FOR root, Authentication failure

May 31 09:28:00 myrockstor sshd[7490]: Accepted password for root from 192.168.1.xxx port 99999 ssh2
May 31 09:28:01 myrockstor sshd[7490]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened for user root by (uid=0)

You can try lowering the UID in /etc/login.defs and running authconfig --updateall
Also, type the password into the username field to check that it’s being entered correctly as a broken keyboard would also throw the same error

@TB-UB Hello again.
I’d second @Alex_Powell suggestion:

As the most likely and first thing to check.

Now I found the most probably cause:

During setup procedure I added german keboard layout and removed the english one.
After that and following the setup procedure I typed my root password (probably with english(!) keymap).
After reboot german keymap was/is selected.
-> password typed as in the setup will fail, at least if you used some special chars like !"§$%&/()= +*#’

So I recommend users not to use special chars (during setup; can be changed later to one with such chars)
But maybe this can be unneccessary if developers of rockstor can manage using keyboardmap which was selected in setup use for input of initial root password !?

Awesome that we could figure out the solution