3ware 9650SE, large partition seen as multiple 2TB disks

I have a RAID10 configured on the 9650SE, with raw capacity of 5.7TB.
Rockstor saw that space as 3 disks: 2TB,2TB,1.7TB.

I added them to a pool and used it as single space, however it’s weird that the OS cannot see a single large disk (as the controller shows it).

Anyone had experience with this issue?
Thanks!

Can you specify what the underlying devices are that make up the RAID10 (i.e. physical HDDs)? I am under the assumption that you really need at least four physical disks to make a RAID10.

I have four 3TB Seagate disks, that the 3ware controller configured as a Raid10 (with net usable space of 5.7TB).
Rockstor should just see a 5.7TB disk, instead, it sees disks of 2TB,2TB, and 1.7TB

Only thing I can think of is: have you used something like fdisk to format the underlying drives beforehand? I’ve seen comments on “low-level” partitioning causing some issues in the RAID setup. Unless you have already used them for storage, can you redo the setup (i.e. wipe the drives with low-level formatting, etc.)?

I have not experienced this problem in the past with a hardware RAID setup though…

I recreated the array splitting the RAID10 in two Raid1. Now the raid1 disks are seen completely (2.7TB net) and only one is still in two pieces (this was a raid1 even before). I’m not sure why but it’s good enough for what I need :slight_smile:
I will also try to low format the partition still in pieces. Thanks for your feedback!