After upgrading to 3.8.16-11, Rock-on wont start

I only get this, rather uninformative, message.

And when I try to copy the traceback to clipboard, the blue bar only moves a little bit, and never finishes. Nothing ends up in my clipboard.

Any easy way to fix this?

Hi @KarstenV,
did you try with a reboot?
Mirko

Off course.

Allways my first recourse :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you provide rockstor.log from /opt/rockstor/var/log/rockstor.log ? (tail -n 50 to have last 50 lines)

M.

tail -n 50 rockstor.log gives me this:

Must be said I tried to restart Rock-on several times since reboot.

response = self.handle_exception(exc)

File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/djangorestframework-3.1.1-py2.7.egg/rest_framework/views.py”, line 449, in dispatch
response = handler(request, *args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py”, line 145, in inner
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/command.py”, line 271, in post
import_shares(p, request)
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/share_helpers.py”, line 83, in import_shares
volume_usage(pool, share.qgroup, share.pqgroup)
ValueError: need more than 2 values to unpack
[14/Feb/2017 20:22:58] ERROR [storageadmin.middleware:32] Exception occured while processing a request. Path: /api/commands/refresh-share-state method: POST
[14/Feb/2017 20:22:58] ERROR [storageadmin.middleware:33] need more than 2 values to unpack
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py”, line 132, in get_response
response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/views/decorators/csrf.py”, line 58, in wrapped_view
return view_func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/views/generic/base.py”, line 71, in view
return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/djangorestframework-3.1.1-py2.7.egg/rest_framework/views.py”, line 452, in dispatch
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/djangorestframework-3.1.1-py2.7.egg/rest_framework/views.py”, line 449, in dispatch
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py”, line 145, in inner
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/command.py”, line 271, in post
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/share_helpers.py”, line 83, in import_shares
[14/Feb/2017 20:24:02] ERROR [storageadmin.middleware:32] Exception occured while processing a request. Path: /api/commands/refresh-share-state method: POST
[14/Feb/2017 20:24:02] ERROR [storageadmin.middleware:33] need more than 2 values to unpack
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/core/handlers/base.py”, line 132, in get_response
response = wrapped_callback(request, *callback_args, **callback_kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/views/decorators/csrf.py”, line 58, in wrapped_view
return view_func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/views/generic/base.py”, line 71, in view
return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/djangorestframework-3.1.1-py2.7.egg/rest_framework/views.py”, line 452, in dispatch

Testing,
no Rock-ons -> Rock-on service start/stop ok
installing a Rock-on (BTSync) -> success
start/stop Rock-on service -> success

Syncing Rockstor Git master branch to Rockstor test env & build again (it’s like a reboot)
Rock-on service flip-flop -> running fine
Rock-on BTSync flip-flop -> ok

My suspicion: we moved from South migrations to Django migrations, I hade code over share usage (volume_usage) with a single migration, @suman did I miss something?

Mirko

I am getting the same error on 3.8.16-12 after adding 2 additional drives.

The drives used to be in a Synology device, and i added them without doing anything to them. The rescan then failed with a error about a value being to long for varying(256). So i wipedfs’d the drives and was able to detect them and create a Pool and shares.

I noticed that the Dashboard doesnt show the correct values for pools and shares now. It does show the correct ones for disks, though.

If you need anything let me know, i just migrated all my data from a synology to a rockstor install and i would really like to stick with it.

Just wanted to speak up and say that with the upgrade to 3.8.16-16 (or 15 perhaps?), Rockons started working again.

The Plex Rockon wouldnt start though, but a reinstall of Plex fixed that.

Was planing a complete reinstall of Rockstor in the near future because of this error, but I can avoid that now :slight_smile:

Good job!

Hi all, this is a copy&paste message on multiple forum threads:

checking over a Github ad hoc issue, any news on this after last Rockstor update?

On my side: some checks required with Rock-ons share usage (probably docker related), but no blocking errors like missing db fields, etc

Thanks
Mirko