All shares disappeared

I have been testing Rocksor for about a month and all of the sudden Plex would not find any of my media, so I hopped on the web interface and saw that the rockon service was not running so I went to start it and it errored out. I went to looking for the shares and none were present. all the drives are there and the pool is still showing ok. It is showing all the space is virtually used up though. I had it scheduled to do snapshots as well and it shows one successful one and one that errored out as well. When I go to snapshots none are showing up. I don’t even know where to start on this. thankfully I have a full backup of the NAS so getting my files is not an issue at this point. I was just hoping that rockstor would be stable enough to use some of the basic functions. I guess it’s not quite prime time yet! I don’t even know where to start at this point. any direction would be helpful.

@Matthew_Jacob First off welcome to the Rockstor community.
As it goes there is a very particular corner case where this can happen and it has been reported a few times but is rather difficult to reproduce. We have what is hoped to be a fix for at least one possible cause of this that happens during boot only and particular drive re-naming events (from one boot to another) which are instigated by the hardware itself, but the pending patch is largish and can’t go in until we start our next testing channel updates, which should be pretty soon, but you may find that a simply reboot will having everything back as you expect. Let us know how it goes for you.

The issue which we currently have open on this boot event is: