Anaconda crash during install

I am trying to install Rockstor 3.9.1 (the latest available ISO) on a Dell R720xd server to replace my existing Rockstor file server, and I have a RAID1 virtual disk created for a boot drive. However, every time I select the disk for an installation target, Anaconda crashes:

20:57:28,590 DEBUG anaconda: running handleException
20:57:28,590 CRIT anaconda: Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/threads.py”, line 227, in run
threading.Thread.run(self, *args, **kwargs)

File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/threading.py”, line 764, in run
self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)

File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/ui/gui/spokes/storage.py”, line 326, in _doExecute
doKickstartStorage(self.storage, self.data, self.instclass)

File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/kickstart.py”, line 2059, in doKickstartStorage
ksdata.autopart.execute(storage, ksdata, instClass)

File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/pyanaconda/kickstart.py”, line 337, in execute
doAutoPartition(storage, ksdata, min_luks_entropy=MIN_CREATE_ENTROPY)

File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blivet/partitioning.py”, line 438, in doAutoPartition
doPartitioning(storage)

File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blivet/partitioning.py”, line 955, in doPartitioning
growPartitions(disks, partitions, free, size_sets=storage.size_sets)

File “/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/blivet/partitioning.py”, line 2192, in growPartitions
constraint=constraint)

File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/parted/decorators.py”, line 41, in new
ret = fn(*args, **kwds)

File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/parted/disk.py”, line 246, in addPartition
constraint.getPedConstraint())

PartitionException: Unable to satisfy all constraints on the partition.

20:57:28,591 DEBUG anaconda: Gtk running, queuing exception handler to the main loop
20:57:28,591 INFO anaconda: Thread Done: AnaExecuteStorageThread (139896426501888)
20:57:31,621 INFO anaconda: Running kickstart %%traceback script(s)
20:57:31,621 INFO anaconda: All kickstart %%traceback script(s) have been run
20:57:31,762 INFO anaconda: spoke is ready: <pyanaconda.ui.gui.spokes.storage.StorageSpoke object at 0x7f3c319e59d0>

Is this an issue in hardware or is it that Rockstor doesn’t know what to do with the disk?

Any help is appreciated.

@jcdick1 Hello again.

I think you are best doing general search for this issue as, given it’s anaconda origin, doesn’t look like it’s actually Rockstor related. You might want to include ‘kickstart’ in the search as that is the default method used during a Rockstor install. The installer in Rockstor only really enables a kickstart config and does a light re-brand. So it’s essentially the same as a generic CentOS (old now though) installer. Only once you have rebooted are on the first boot that the Rockstor code comes into play. Prior to that it’s better to resort to CentOS forums on kickstart issues or those concerning your particular hardware / config.

Hope that helps.