[Beta] [Resolved] Re-installing SABnzbd Rock-On ignores config share (openSuse Leap Linux: 5.3.18-lp152.66-default / 4.0.4-0)

If I uninstall the SABnzbd Rock-On and then re-install it, I’m no longer prompted to specify a configuration directory:

The installation wizard also auto-fills in all of my previous configuration choices, including a non-default WebUI port:

Despite installing and running the SABnzbd Rock-On I could delete the share I had specified as the configuration share for the very first installation of SABnzbd.

I can also run through the initial SABnzbd setup wizard without any issues.

The errors in the Rockstor Logs I can find that seem related are these:

[14/Mar/2021 13:36:26] ERROR [system.osi:174] non-zero code(1) returned by command: ['/usr/bin/docker', 'stop', 'sabnzb']. output: [''] error: ['Error response from daemon: No such container: sabnzb', '']
[14/Mar/2021 13:36:26] ERROR [system.osi:174] non-zero code(1) returned by command: ['/usr/bin/docker', 'rm', 'sabnzb']. output: [''] error: ['Error: No such container: sabnzb', '']
[14/Mar/2021 13:38:14] ERROR [storageadmin.util:45] Exception: Cannot add/remove volume definitions of the container (sabnzb) as it belongs to an installed Rock-on (sabnzb). Uninstall it first and try again.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 68, in run_for_one
    self.accept(listener)
  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 27, in accept
    client, addr = listener.accept()
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 206, in accept
    sock, addr = self._sock.accept()
error: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable
[14/Mar/2021 13:38:15] ERROR [storageadmin.util:45] Exception: Errors occurred while processing updates for the following Rock-ons (sabnzb: ['Cannot add/remove volume definitions of the container (sabnzb) as it belongs to an installed Rock-on (sabnzb). Uninstall it first and try again.', 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 68, in run_for_one\n    self.accept(listener)\n  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 27, in accept\n    client, addr = listener.accept()\n  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 206, in accept\n    sock, addr = self._sock.accept()\nerror: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable\n']).
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 129, in post
    self._create_update_meta(r, rockons[r])
  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 145, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 309, in _create_update_meta
    handle_exception(Exception(e_msg), self.request)
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/util.py", line 48, in handle_exception
    status_code=status_code, detail=e_msg, trace=traceback.format_exc()
RockStorAPIException: ['Cannot add/remove volume definitions of the container (sabnzb) as it belongs to an installed Rock-on (sabnzb). Uninstall it first and try again.', 'Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 68, in run_for_one\n    self.accept(listener)\n  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/gunicorn-19.7.1-py2.7.egg/gunicorn/workers/sync.py", line 27, in accept\n    client, addr = listener.accept()\n  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/socket.py", line 206, in accept\n    sock, addr = self._sock.accept()\nerror: [Errno 11] Resource temporarily unavailable\n']

[Replying to myself to make it easier to find the solution.]

After updating to Rockstor version 4.0.6.0 this is no longer an issue, at least not as far as I can tell. When re-installing I’m now asked for both the config share and the downloads share.

1 Like

@MainrtNr5 Hello there.
Re:

I’m pretty sure this is a ‘feature’ of the browser, i.e. it sees the Web-UI ‘page’ as one you have pre-entered info into and ‘helps’ by pasting the info you put in previously to assist.

Thanks for the update and glad it’s now behaving better. Although I don’t think the update is directly a fix in this case. Maybe your browser cache just got refreshed by the Web-UI code changes in the update or something. But keep an eye on this as all good info.

Cheers.

1 Like

I know what you mean but this would be the first and only time I’ve seen it if that would be the case. This is how I expect that feature to work:

None the less, the main issue wasn’t the autofill of the fields but the fact that I couldn’t select a config share when installing SABnzbd. This was fixed only after upgrading to 4.0.6.0.

@MainrtNr5 Thanks for the update.
Re:

That is strange however as I don’t think any relevant code was actually changed between 4.0.5 to 4.0.6 on that front. So it’s still a bit of a mystery.

Keep us posted though.

I went from 4.0.4.0 to 4.0.6.0, not sure if that makes a difference.

@MainrtNr5 OK. Re:

BETA "Built on openSUSE" Testing Channel Changelog - #12 by phillxnet

4.0.5 did have a fairly large docker related change:

But this was mainly network related but very close to the docker functions. It’s another sizable change me and @Flox wanted to get in before the official 4 launch so that it would form part of the 4 standard set of features. Take a look at that write-up and @Flox linked issue/pull-request to find more details of what was changed. But again I don’t think this changed Web-UI behaviour on the auto fill side.

Thanks for keeping an eye on these changes by the way. Sometimes it takes a little while to tack down some less obvious connections; or some more obviously connections for that matter :slight_smile: .

Cheers.

1 Like