Bootstrap service not running on Rockstor version: 3.9.2-57

Hi, on my existing system on which Active Directory is not synchronizing, I note the Bootstrap service is not running. I don’t know if it was or wasn’t running before.

What are the risks or reasons of turning it on at this time? Will I need to reboot afterwards?

Thanks,
Eric

@MRC-MBU hello again.
Re:

this just references the rockstor systemd service of rockstor-bootstrap.

If all is well then just leave it be I say. You can see the actual systemd output for this via (yours will likely vary a bit as this was a dev system):

rleap15-3:~ # systemctl status rockstor-bootstrap
● rockstor-bootstrap.service - Rockstor bootstrapping tasks
     Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/rockstor-bootstrap.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
     Active: active (exited) since Tue 2022-02-08 20:32:04 GMT; 13s ago
    Process: 13073 ExecStart=/opt/rockstor/bin/bootstrap (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 13073 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Feb 08 20:31:53 rleap15-3 systemd[1]: Starting Rockstor bootstrapping tasks...
Feb 08 20:32:04 rleap15-3 bootstrap[13073]: BTRFS device scan complete
Feb 08 20:32:04 rleap15-3 bootstrap[13073]: Bootstrapping complete
Feb 08 20:32:04 rleap15-3 bootstrap[13073]: Running qgroup cleanup. /opt/rockstor/bin/qgroup-clean
Feb 08 20:32:04 rleap15-3 bootstrap[13073]: Running qgroup limit maxout. /opt/rockstor/bin/qgroup-maxout-limit
Feb 08 20:32:04 rleap15-3 systemd[1]: Finished Rockstor bootstrapping tasks.

We had, way back, some issues with it failing to start some times so a service indicator was put in the Web-UI to allow reporting on it’s apparent status by those less familiar with systemd.

For a list of our other systemd services take a look at the following developer doc section:
https://rockstor.com/docs/contribute/contribute.html#code-build

rockstor-pre.service  # starts bin/initrock after postgresql.service
rockstor  # starts bin/supervisord -c etc/supervisord.conf after rockstor-pre.service
rockstor-bootstrap  # starts bin/bootstrap after rockstor.service

If a custom HDD power (APM) and/or spin-down setting is enabled, the following service is added. But only if the drive is confirmed as rotational.

rockstor-hdparm.service  # Configures drives APM & spindown settings via hdparm

Don’t do anything in that docs, it’s just for source builds and it’s where we have these systemd services documented.

Hope that helps. Incidentally I thought you were all moved over to our v4 now? I’m assuming this is your older system that you are migrating service/data from.

questionss for the info.

Not yet moved over to v4, I want to make sure I have the config setup correctly. Then I’ll start to use it. Initial plan is for Windows home drives and remote profiles. I may email tomorrow with some questions