Bootstrap service not running

Hi,

on my Installation of rockstor I’ve seen that the Bootstrap Service is not running. I tried to turn it on, but an error occured. Even after rebooting nothing changed.

What is this Service for and must this Service run?

[EDIT]
I found this in log Messages
Jul 17 13:19:09 nas bootstrap: Exception occured while bootstrapping. This could be because rockstor.service is still starting up. will wait 2 seconds and try again. Exception: [‘Internal Server Error: No JSON object could be decoded’]
Jul 17 13:19:09 nas bootstrap: Max attempts(15) reached. Connection errors persist. Failed to bootstrap. Error: [‘Internal Server Error: No JSON object could be decoded’]
Jul 17 13:19:10 nas systemd: rockstor-bootstrap.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jul 17 13:19:10 nas systemd: Failed to start Rockstor bootstrapping tasks.
Jul 17 13:19:10 nas systemd: Unit rockstor-bootstrap.service entered failed state.
Jul 17 13:19:10 nas systemd: rockstor-bootstrap.service failed.

[EDIT]
Perhaps I can restore some data from a snapshot I’ve made of root before this issue happens. Could someone assist me in doing this?

[EDIT]
sorry, I had to restore my system disk. Now everything works as before. Perhaps the problem has to do with some experiments I’ve made with an external disk. Suddenly there was a directory “/mnt3” created but not used. The external disk was mounted in “/mnt2”. Nevertheless I’m not able to reproduce the issue.

Thank you
Uli