Bug on install on version 3.8.9

Hi all,

I have been trying to install Rockstor for several times now and keep getting the same error and the web ui simply becomes unusable. the error is the following:

Wen installing the system wont find any network devices so no network configuration is done on pré install.

After install a network card is detected and get an ip from DHCP, when you put the address on the browser it apear a wizard but after you hit next you get this error and if you try to access any other menu it will give you errors and its unusable.

EDIT: Since the picture ( at least for me ) is very small im copying the error text:

Error!

null value in column "ip" violates not-null constraint

DETAIL: Failing row contains (2, 00000000-b805cf8e-961f-4e1e-8a06-0a653c35d245, null, t, RockStor, 443, null, null).

If you need more help on this issue, email us at support@rockstor.com with the following information:
The error message: null value in column “ip” violates not-null constraint
DETAIL: Failing row contains (2, 00000000-b805cf8e-961f-4e1e-8a06-0a653c35d245, null, t, RockStor, 443, null, null).
A step by step description of the actions leading up to the error.Download the tarred and zipped server logs by clicking here, and attach it to the email.

Any toughts?
Sincerely,
Alex M

Thanks for reporting this. I’ve discovered this bug literally 2 days after we created the 3.8-9 ISO file and released it. I think the bug is triggered when there are multiple network interfaces and the one connected is not first in the order.

I’ve created a new ISO and confirmed that it fixes the issue. Before we make it official, could you please try it and let us know if the fix works for you: http://rockstor.com/download.html

Ok, so after some more testing, I’ve decided to officially release a new ISO(3.8-9.02). Note that it’s not the same as the one in my previous post but one minor version up. I just updated the above link to also point to the usual download locations: http://rockstor.com/download.html

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the quick reply, im going to give it a go today, i’ll keep you posted :wink:

Sincerely,
AM

Yup it works just fine :smile:

Im using the following processor ( Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz ) with 5GB of RAM and 4 WD 2TB Green Harddrives on RAID10 the performance takes a big hit and it seams that the CPU is the one that is not up to the job.

Any toughts?

1 Like