Can't start rock-ons

Failing, so does manual start. Everything is now mounting correctly.

Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor docker-wrapper: Traceback (most recent call last):
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor docker-wrapper: File “/opt/rockstor/bin/docker-wrapper”, line 44, in
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor docker-wrapper: sys.exit(scripts.docker_wrapper.main())
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor docker-wrapper: File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/scripts/docker_wrapper.py”, line 38, in main
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor docker-wrapper: mnt_pt])
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor docker-wrapper: File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py”, line 121, in run_command
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor docker-wrapper: raise CommandException(cmd, out, err, rc)
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor docker-wrapper: system.exceptions.CommandException: Error running a command. cmd = /usr/bin/dockerd --log-driver=journald --storage-driver btrfs --storage-opt btrfs.min_space=1G --data-root /mnt2/rockons. rc = 1. stdout = [’’]. stderr = [‘chmod /mnt2/rockons: operation not permitted’, ‘’]
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor systemd: docker.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor systemd: Unit docker.service entered failed state.
Aug 17 22:18:49 rockstor systemd: docker.service failed.

@Jorma_Tuomainen Hello again, as per:

I opened the following issue:
https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/issues/1951
and addressed it via the following pull request:
https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/pull/1952
which in turn has now been reviewed, and released as of version 3.9.2-33:

release 4 hours ago.

Could you clarify that a little I’m not quite sure what you mean. I’d also like to know if the nvme system disk showing as missing fix has worked for you, at your convenience of course. I.e. is your nvme sys disk now showing up ok and not as detached !

As per the fix, it may only take effect after a full reboot unfortunately and as I have no real nvme system here I unfortunately couldn’t fully replicate your setup. But I did add a unit test to help guard against this particular regression resurfacing and based it on the command output you provided (thanks for that).

Hope that helps and let us know what your current systems state is so we can pick it up from there.

Thanks again for reporting this and I hope that this newer version has at least moved us forward a tad. The system disk detection is a bit of a tricky area for us currently and is in need of some cleanup so we will just have to improve that area bit by bit. It still has some legacy mechanisms that need to be moved to a newer system we established for the non system drives.

Yes, on reboot it mounted everything ok, I enabled quotas manually:

btrfs quota enable /mnt2/home00/
btrfs quota enable /mnt2/rockons/
btrfs quota enable /mnt2/root00/

so those showed up ok too. only docker now gives that error.

Also manually starting now gives an error:
# dockerd -D --log-driver=journald --storage-driver btrfs --storage-opt btrfs.min_space=1G --data-root /mnt2/rockstor_rockstor00/rockons
chmod /mnt2/rockstor_rockstor00/rockons: operation not permitted

Not docker, straced what it does and:
# chmod 711 /mnt2/rockons
chmod: changing permissions of ‘/mnt2/rockons/’: Operation not permitted

Fixed it, rogue immutable flag had appeared. So I just did:
chattr -i /mnt2/rockstor_rockstor00/rockons/

and reboot, and everything works.

@Jorma_Tuomainen Well done on the sort:

Yes I was going to suggest the immutable flag as we still have a bug or two around it’s use. We use it to avoid writes when a mount fails ‘silently’, ie there isn’t inadvertent writing to the mount point rather than the usual share (when it’s not mounted).

Anyway definitely a bug or two left but I did sort one like this recently:

https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/issues/1882

I’ll try and do a code audit of our immutable flag use and get this in better shape, and if not at least create a technical wiki entry on our use of it to help clear things up going forward.

Thanks for your patience and perseverance; and I hope you enjoy your newly non-detached nvme system disk, complete with resident rockon share.

By the way, did you know you can enable / disable quotas from a Pool’s details page or the Pools page:

:slight_smile:

Was too busy on the command line to check that :grinning: