Certificate Signing Request (CSR) Creation

Looking at using a SSL from one of the free companies out there. They wants me to submit a Certificate Signing Request (CSR). I could log on to the box and create a standard Apache CSR but not sure if that would work with Rockstor since I am not sure your using Apache. The update Certificate section on the portal doesn’t give any information about creating a CSR. Can I get some direction on what process I should follow.

Thanks,

-Ted

@Ted, sorry for the delay in my response.

self-signed cert is created in Rockstor during installation using openssl as follows.

1. openssl req -nodes -newkey rsa:2048 -keyout /opt/rockstor/certs/first.key -out /opt/rockstor/certs/rockstor.csr -subj "/C=US/ST=Rockstor user's state/L=Rockstor user's city/O=Rockstor user/OU=Rockstor dept/CN=rockstor.user"

2. openssl rsa -in /opt/rockstor/certs/first.key -out /opt/rockstor/certs/rockstor.key

3. openssl x509 -in /opt/rockstor/certs/rockstor.csr -out /opt/rockstor/certs/rockstor.cert -req -signkey /opt/rockstor/certs/rockstor.key -days 3650

I suspect that by “create a standard Apache CSR” you mean something like step 1 above, so it should work.