Clear "DEV ERRORS DETECTED" label on a pool

I’ve swapped out a disk that was starting to fail. However rockstor still shows the errors in the pool and says “DEV ERRORS DETECTED”. The errors are also still counted, since it thinks it’s still the same drive (because it was a single drive pool I cloned the drive).

Is there some way to reset the error counts for a pool or a device in the pool?

Rockstor version is 4.6.1-0 with openSUSE Leap Linux: 5.14.21-150500.55.73-default

@freaktechnik, did you run the command btrfs dev stats -z /mnt2/<Pool Name> already to see whether that resets the error count and the message appropriately?

Under the pool details there is a hint about it:

3 Likes

Ah thank you, I hadn’t noticed that. Didn’t expect there to be a command to run in the UI I’ve been looking at for years now and when not finding an obvious button to click went and searched in the documentation…

3 Likes

@freaktechnik Hello again.
Re:

Yes, a button would be nice. All in good time hopefully :slight_smile: . I popped in that command prompt while working on the addition of that table; as a button would have ended up being a whole other issue/pull-request endeavour, which has only just come-up in this very thread. But I like to prompt in the Web-UI with command line options as we are dealing with folks who build their own NAS after all. But yes: just down to contributor count really, that this is not yet a button. Fancy creating an issue for this?

Glad you got this sorted.

2 Likes