Dev log for 3.9.2

Hello Community!

3.9.1-8 is now available! @phillxnet Fixed two important bugs in the pool scrub management, which were discussed on our forum. Thank you Phil!

1 Like

Happy Friday everyone!

Pleased to release 3.9.1-9 testing update this morning. Finally, I finished changing the share and snapshot API so we can add support for much anticipated features like renaming pool, shares etc… I may be stealing @phillxnet thunder here because he also has made a fix to error reporting. Thank you Phil and I plan to merge your two pull requests here shortly!

1 Like

I can’t remember the last time we released 2 updates in one day, which makes 3.9.1-10 special! @phillxnet contributed two enhancements, one is an improvement in SMART messaging and the other is a nice fix to share/pool mount behaviour. Enjoy the update!

2 Likes

Happy Friday Community!

3.9.1-11 is now available! @phillxnet fixed two bugs, one in the scheduled tasks and the other in samba exports. Thank you @phillxnet!

1 Like

Hello Everybody!

Happy to announce that 3.9.1-12 is now available! @phillxnet added the scrub feedback feature, which is super useful. He also fixed an annoying bug with pagination. Thanks Phil!

1 Like

Hello Everybody!

3.9.1-13 is now available! I fixed a bug in Rock-Ons and made a minor improvement to our flash_optimize as suggested by @maxhq. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello Everybody!

A lot of good things have been achieved with this new develop cycle which was kicked off mid of July (!), what time frames we are talking for getting this one completed?
It looks they are getting longer and longer compared what is stated on the Web or GUI…not a big deal for me, but wondering how this will go on…

Thanks to everyone making this great and greater :slight_smile:

Thanks for your feedback @glenngould. We are ramping up to make the next release soon. I am thinking in the next 2 weeks time frame. We are also making some changes to update delivery mechanism to increase the frequency. There’s also a dependency update issue with gunicorn that’s holding things up a bit. But I acknowledge your point about release cycle taking longer. We are working towards changing that with this release. Please stay tuned.

2 Likes

Happy Monday morning Community!

Sorry for the little delay after the last update, but happy to share that 3.9.1-14 is now available! @phillxnet fixed two bugs, both in Share management. Thank you Phil!

1 Like

Happy Saturday everyone!

3.9.1-15 is now available! I’ve updated a backend dependency(gunicorn) and @KaiRo contributed a convenient abstraction to disk management. Thanks Robert!

1 Like

Hello Community!

3.9.1-16 is now available! @phillxnet contributed an improvement to the frontend and I refactored the backend subscription logic a bit. Enjoy!

1 Like

@suman with reference to your reply beginning of October, can you provide an update regarding the new update mechanism?
If I have not missed anything it looks 3.9.2 has never been officially published (forum nor webpage) and no new dev-log has been set up till now :thinking:

Sorry for my question, but I want to understand and get a more “round picture” - THX!

Here’s the skinny – 3.9.2 is out and I am in the process of changing our delivery infra to push frequent updates to subscribers. We successfully pushed one such update(3.9.2-1) lately. The next few updates will make things clear on the UI about the new flow. The plan is to phase out automatic testing update delivery. It will be replaced by a set of easy-to-follow instructions which will save us $$$ in hosting and maintenance and lets us focus on providing better and faster updates to stable/paying subscribers. Hope that is round enough? and thanks for your question!

3 Likes