Dev log for upcoming 3.8-12 [Latest: 3.8-11.18]

We’ve closed a couple more issues and just released 3.8-11.08. Nice little UI enhancements and a bit of backend improvement thanks to @mchakravartula and @ganti_priya for their pull requests. Please test away!

3.8-11.09 is now available! We closed two more issues in this update that I am sure you’ll all appreciate. Oh and thanks for @phillxnet for one of the pull requests with improvements to disk scanning logic.

Just a question.

The last few updates I have had the Samba and the Rockons system services being diabled during update, so that I have to enable them manually after each update.

Is this pr. design?

Hello everyone. A new testing update, 3.8-11.10 is now available. I merged two pull requests, one is part-2 of #988 and the other improves the update feature of Rock-ons.

Keep your feedback, bugreports and test results coming, much appreciated!

Two more issues and we have 3.8-11.11. Please test away!

Two pull requests were merged for this one. A neat and pretty involved improvement to disk management from @phillxnet and a nice UI improvment from @gkadillak, good to see you back bud!

3.8-11.12 is now available! Rock-ons restart mechanism is improved and we closed a minor UI bug in group creation. Enjoy!

3.8-11.15 is now available! This is a special one where we fixed two issues that have been painful to many users.

1. AD integration has been broken in a few different ways with our sssd approach. It looks great in theory and I am open to bringing it back again, but many users ran into issues including Rockstor dropping off the domain, id mapping issues and windows ACLs. So, we are bringing back the winbind approach. We’ve tested it quite a bit and encourage everyone to do the same.

2. It has been painful to start over with a new rock-on root share because you can’t delete the current rock-on root share from the ui. Now you can! a minor step forward with rock-ons. many more to come.

We just released 3.8-11.16 and I think we are getting pretty close to the next stable update. please test away!

Hello everyone, 3.8-11.17 is now available. We’ve fixed up a few minor bugs that came up in testing and reported by users as well. The special thing about this update is that we have a new contributor!

Nice observation. you are right! and the behavior is unintentional. I’ve created this issue to improve it. Thanks for reporting it.

3.8-11.18 is now available! We are introducing a better(searchable and sortable) pagination for services view based on jquery datatables. We look forward to updating other tables as well, perhaps in the next cycle.

3.8-11.20 is the last update available on the testing channel. Stable release 3.8-12 is now available!

Thanks to all of you for actively testing and reporting issues. We still have a long way to go. Hope to see you in the next cycle!