Emby Docker snapshot rollback

Hi

i tryed to update my emby docker container but now emby is broken. I dont have the time at the moment to troubleshoot the emby update problem so i tryed to get back to a snapshot but the button is greyd out.

Not 100% sure on this, but have you turned off your Emby Rockon before trying to rollback?

Hi, yes i disabled Emby docker and the full docker daemon without success

I just tried to rollback my emby-conf share and all worked well so I unfortunately do not know why your button is greyed out.

Nevertheless, I doubt that rolling back the conf share will fix your issue (if I understood correctly what you meant, though), as if you did pull a new image, the problem most likely lies there and not in your emby-conf.

Did you mean you pulled a new image? If yes, do you use a Docker management UI like Portainer or Rancher, by any chance?
I use Portainer and encountered an error when starting my newly-pulled Emby image. Here’s the error I could see in the logs (docker logs embyserver):

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
FailFast:
Infinite recursion during resource lookup within System.Private.CoreLib.  This may be a bug in System.Private.CoreLib, or potentially in certain extensibility points such as assembly resolve events or CultureInfo names.  Resource name: Arg_ExternalException

at System.Environment.FailFast(System.String)
   at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
   at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.InitSort(System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo()
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo..cctor()
   at System.String.IndexOf(System.String, Int32, Int32, System.StringComparison)
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.InitCultureData()
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.CreateCultureData(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureData.GetCultureData(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.InitializeFromName(System.String, Boolean)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfoHelper(Int32, System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.GetCultureInfo(System.String)
   at System.Resources.ManifestBasedResourceGroveler.GetNeutralResourcesLanguage(System.Reflection.Assembly, System.Resources.UltimateResourceFallbackLocation ByRef)
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.CommonAssemblyInit()
   at System.Resources.ResourceManager..ctor(System.Type)
   at System.SR.InternalGetResourceString(System.String)
   at System.SR.GetResourceString(System.String, System.String)
   at System.Globalization.CompareInfo.InitSort(System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
   at System.Globalization.CultureInfo.get_CompareInfo()
   at System.StringComparer..cctor()
   at System.AppDomain.InitializeCompatibilityFlags()
   at System.AppDomain.Setup(System.Object)
Aborted (core dumped)
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] syncing disks.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

After a quick search on the Emby forum, I found I was not the only one, and fixed my issue by applying the fix described here:
https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/60940-docker-on-host-cifs-mount/?p=599765

Had this issue with Freenas / Rancher. Fixed by changing the env variable ICU_DATA /share/icu/61.1 (was previously set to icu/5…something)

Hope that helps,

1 Like