Error update 3.9.0.0

When updating to version 3.9.0.0 the following error occurred and I can not access the folders.

Houston, we’ve had a problem.

column storageadmin_share.pqgroup_rusage does not exist LINE 1: …n_share".“rusage”, “storageadmin_share”.“eusage”, "storagead… ^

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/share.py”, line 100, in get_queryset
reverse=reverse)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py”, line 162, in iter
self._fetch_all()
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py”, line 965, in _fetch_all
self._result_cache = list(self.iterator())
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/query.py”, line 238, in iterator
results = compiler.execute_sql()
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py”, line 840, in execute_sql
cursor.execute(sql, params)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/utils.py”, line 64, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/utils.py”, line 98, in exit
six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/utils.py”, line 64, in execute
return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
ProgrammingError: column storageadmin_share.pqgroup_rusage does not exist
LINE 1: …n_share".“rusage”, “storageadmin_share”.“eusage”, "storagead…
^

@minute Welcome to the Rockstor community forum.

Your issue is caused by an intermittent upgrade problem that we have yet to track down fully but you may find the following thread useful where @Learning2NAS, @wraeuk, and @dcypher experienced the same issue:

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

Hi,
Same problem with me.
Am I correct that I must reset the system?
Apologizes my bad english, I use the translator.

German…
Selbes problem bei mir.
Verstehe ich richtig das ich das System zurücksetzten muss?
entschuldigt mein schlechtes english,ich benutze den translator.

These are the instructions to solve the problem:

1. From your terminal type: “yum downgrade rockstor”
  2. Capture the output of the above command just in case. But presuming it succeeds, your system will be downgraded to Rockstor 3.8.16-1
  3. Now run “yum update”
  4. Above command will bring your system back to 3.9.0
  5. Restart rockstor service with “systemctl restart rockstor”
  6. Verify that the problem has gone away in the UI.
4 Likes

Great!!!
I thank you for this guide, it works.
Rockstor runs again;)

Mfg