False full share

i am using rockstor for a while now and i expanded my storage so i have my my share build on Pool1, Pool1 is using two disks but i did not set them to be in raid. Could it be that thats the reason why i cant put more data on my share? one disk has around 1TB and the other 450 GB and the data in my share is about 450GB so i could imagine that rockstor has encountered the problem that it wants to put more data on the 450GB drive than it can so it just does nothing because the 450GB aren’t fully used yet.
Could thet be true? if so… how can i fix it? and if i have to set them to be in raid then will it loose all of the data?
and sorry if my english is not perfect.
i am hoping for a quick response

Hello
Can you attach screenshot from the Web of the pool?
Also can you open a terminal and run the following command and copy that in here: btrfs fi show

Label: ‘rockstor_rockstor’ uuid: a572f7c1-7eea-4223-a1c5-f5d88778d157
Total devices 1 FS bytes used 12.61GiB
devid 1 size 294.10GiB used 227.04GiB path /dev/sdd3

Label: ‘Pool1’ uuid: 9d7e1bad-ff2e-48be-a347-e9cb83a6998d
Total devices 2 FS bytes used 463.03GiB
devid 1 size 931.51GiB used 465.02GiB path /dev/sdc
devid 2 size 465.76GiB used 0.00B path /dev/sda

I see what’s going on.
First all is fine with the pool. I do recommend you to do a balance operation to spread the data. It’s good to do after expanding or reducing a pool.

The shares will not automatically get changed to the new size.
So all you need to do is go in under the share and change the size to the new maximum or what size you prefer.

Also after doing a balance you should see with the command that both drives get data on them.

I would not recommend changing to raid with your current setup as you are unable to spread the data correctly between drives.

ok i did the balance and it works now but…
Label: ‘Pool1’ uuid: 337761a2-8463-448e-930a-9fc5327d3766
Total devices 2 FS bytes used 468.36GiB
devid 1 size 931.51GiB used 466.03GiB path /dev/sdc
devid 2 size 465.76GiB used 4.00GiB path /dev/sda

should i worry about that?

No need to worry. It looks ok.
You will see that as you add data more and more will fill up on the /dev/sda drive but normally the larger drive will have the most data.

ok so when i do a balance it works but only for some GBs… about 5 or so then the same problem occurs and its kinda annoying me to make balances so often. how would you suggest i fix that. would it be better if i buy a nother 1TB drive and set the two of them in raid1? or is there another way with my current configuration?

You don’t need worry about it. BTRFS will automatically handle spreading data across the drives as you add more and more data

if u say so…
ok then i i will just come back if it still causes problems
but thank u meanwhile