Help with file sharing

i cant access my shered folder after doing everything from the guide on how to setup a samba.

i also get this messge from web-ui, dont know if this is the cause.

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/network.py”, line 180, in get_queryset
self._refresh_devices()
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py”, line 145, in inner
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/transaction.py”, line 225, in exit
connection.commit()
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/base/base.py”, line 173, in commit
self._commit()
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/base/base.py”, line 142, in _commit
return self.connection.commit()
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/utils.py”, line 98, in exit
six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/db/backends/base/base.py”, line 142, in _commit
return self.connection.commit()
IntegrityError: insert or update on table “storageadmin_networkdevice” violates foreign key constraint “connection_id_refs_id_1db23ec5”
DETAIL: Key (connection_id)=(2) is not present in table “storageadmin_networkconnection”.

thanks for helping

update, i dont get this error anymore, but i still cant access my shared folder from my windows pcs

@1111, could you share some more information on what you have set up as a Samba Share as well as the rockstor version you’re on? If you have access to the command line:
yum info rockstor
If you don’t, then just looking at the version in the WebUI would be helpful.

You can also search the forums, as there are a few threads around SMB configuration and access issues and how to get more details on setup, etc… If you can’t find the search function, it’s barely visible in the header of the forums (something that will be fixed soon):

2 Likes