Home Assistant and Node-RED dockers

Installed Home Assistant docker, worked perfect! Did some configuring (well trying it out, to see if I can exchange it for all the apps and the spagetti type of configuring IOT’s and other stuff)… I think this is great so I will continue to use this one…

Then I got interested in Node-RED, and tried to install it also (different, share, different port)… But as soon as it was installed Home Assistant stopped working and Node-RED started (docker service?) but was not available… so neither was working until I uninstalled Node-RED, then Home Assistant started again…

What happened?

Can they not work together?

There should be no conflict for the 2, unless you have something like for example overlapping ports somewhere (which by default I don’t think they would, even with Home assistant running in host networking mode). But I only run HA so I wouldn’t really know.

Did you happen to check the logs for any hints using the docker logs <container name>?

If not, Is that something you could try (possibly temporarily making home assistant not work)?

If you stop (but not uninstall) the Node-RED Rockon, does HA work again?

3 Likes

Hi!

Sorry for the delay! No ports that clashed, (I uninstalled Node-red, but could try it again) but as far as I remember I don’t think HA container ran even if I stopped Node-red container.

Did not check any logs (I’m Unix/Linux neewbie :slight_smile: I will try it again and check the logs for any hints for sure!

Many thanks!

2 Likes