Install "unexpected error"

i know about that. But i cannot shutdown my machine else. i do the shutdown via command line. as soon as it restarts (dunno why) i hit the power button the shut it down. The system installed before was fine and fast. i dont see cpu peaks (always near 0%) and RAM is ok aswell.

cant do that. i got 2 HDD’s as raid0. cannot set another pool (is grey and unclickable).

Our network is fast as well and a good solid router. i do not copy data via network as far as i can do it now by usb!

ohh…just hit update button. got another error - just as u expected!

“Error while processing Rock-on profile at http://rockstor.com/rockons/sickrage.json. Lower level exception: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘rockstor.com’, port=80): Request timed out. (timeout=10)”

" Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py”, line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py”, line 406, in _get_available
cur_res = requests.get(cur_meta_url, timeout=10)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/api.py”, line 55, in get
return request(‘get’, url, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/api.py”, line 44, in request
return session.request(method=method, url=url, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py”, line 279, in request
resp = self.send(prep, stream=stream, timeout=timeout, verify=verify, cert=cert, proxies=proxies)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/sessions.py”, line 374, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File “/opt/rockstor/eggs/requests-1.1.0-py2.7.egg/requests/adapters.py”, line 215, in send
raise Timeout(e)
Timeout: HTTPConnectionPool(host=‘rockstor.com’, port=80): Request timed out. (timeout=10)"

@Flox and @Alexander_Stork I’ll just chip in re:

I finally got around to fixing this potentially misleading log message ‘in passing’ as a small part of the following pr:

https://github.com/rockstor/rockstor-core/pull/1990

via:

“Catch and log harmless reboot/shutdown command exceptions with rc=-15. The exception log reports from these Web-UI initiated events are misleading as they suggest malfunction where there is none as both commands execute as expected with: out=‘’, err=‘’, and rc=-15.”

which was merged on GitTab 3.9.2-45 (stable channel rpm as yet unreleased).

That one has been bugging me for quite some time so quite pleased we now have that one done and dusted going forward.

@Alexander_Stork and @Flox We have seen this several times before.

And although I am unsure of the backend routing / relationship there is a pending pull request of mine:

which contains the following element:

“Changed rockstor repos from 1m to 1h for metadata_expire (to reduce server load).”

in an attempt to reduce the load on that domain from the now numerous Rockstor instances, all calling in for updates. But again I’m not certain that they are related as it may just be that the Rock-ons update button calls redirects to the GitHub rockon-registry repo. I’m just not sure of the backend relationship here as that is managed by @suman and I have no access currently.

Hope that helps at least from a work in progress point of view.