Issues: Can't wipe some drives & No SMART diagnostics & Disk Serial Numbers not legitamate

@priel71 That’s great thank, good to see those mdraid members without their ‘delete me’ cogs these days.

Nice.

Funny tho… A completely identical server shows this in the disk layout:

@priel71 You can safely delete the “detached-” drives, although keep in mind we still have the bug I created and haven’t yet fixed of first having to “Rescan” just prior to removing (via bin icon) a detached drive.

The difference may simply be that those drives were once present and have yet to be removed. Also the serials are odd, could they be left over from some manual udev additions or something. Remember in the early days we had to assign serials for md devs via manual udev rules.

Anyway see how binning those drives works out, “detached-” naming is used if there is no evidence from a low level disk scan of anything matching that devices db stored serial number attached. I.e once a device with a serial of “md126p2” etc was attached and is no longer found to be attached.

Hope that helps.

This server is going down for maintenance soon and once I’ve moved the data off I’ll give it a shot. :wink:

Thanks!

1 Like