Leap 15.6 Support

Hello all. Just a quick note regarding our progress on this front

As of yesterday (7th March 2024) Leap 15.6 reaches their beta phase

As a result, we have now added this target to our rpmbuild backend and I’ve just published our first rpms (in the testing channel) for this pending Leap version. They are versioned to 5.0.8-0, as per our latest tagged release, and available for both amd64 & arm64 architectures.

The Minimal-VM images we use as native build hosts had, however, not yet been updated. But a quick zypper dup brought the Feburary Alpha images that were available up to this first Beta release. Once the final Leap 15.6 is out I will switch these build hosts out for out-of-the-box 15.6 images: just in case.

Hope that helps.

3 Likes

Another quick note on our 15.6 progress. In a few days openSUSE Leap 15.6 will reach it’s RC status. As a result we have begun the process of adding 15.6 installer profiles. Initial tests look good in the following, currently draft, pull request:

All 3 of the tested profiles to-date, x86_64 installer, ARM64EFI raw image, ARM64EFI qcow2 image, look to be just dandy. So I’m hoping to add these profiles to our installer master branch shortly. We then have a little maintenance work re moving our semi-automated installer builder to the newer V10 variant of Kiwi-NG and we are then all set to begin releasing installers again. Currently these new RC installer profiles are awaiting Tailscale releasing dedicated 15.6 repos, so I’ve popped in their 15.5 repos as place-holder for the time being.

Hope that helps.

1 Like

I’ve now merged these new Leap 15.6 profiles, all still using Tailscales 15.5 repos for now however.

See:

N.B. the only profile that has yet to be tested (by me) is the Leap15.6.RaspberryPi4. If you have an interest in this profile then please test and report/fix appropriately. Otherwise it will of course be removed if found to be broken and no community assistance/interest was received.

1 Like