List index out of range [SOLVED]

Brief description of the problem

Samba will not start.

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

I installed Rockstor yesterday. I created a pool, then several shares. NFS is working as expected, but trying to either open the Samba screen or start the service produces this error. After rebooting, the error was replicated/persisted.

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 40, in _handle_exception yield File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/smart_manager/views/samba_service.py", line 44, in get config = get_global_config() File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/samba.py", line 179, in get_global_config config[fields[0].strip()] = fields[1].strip() IndexError: list index out of range

@dwnomad Welcome to the Rockstor community. And your timing on trying out Rockstor is rather unfortunate I must say. Thanks for reporting this. You were rather unlucky on this one as the update that broke this has only just been release yesterday:

and we have an in progress issue on GitHub on the same:

And another forum thread with other reports of the same issue:

And finally there is a pending fix that should soon receive review / testing:

So hopefully this should be fixed in the next testing channel update, or at least soon there after.

1 Like

Thanks. That explains it. Fortunately neither my wife nor I use Windows very often (I use Arch Linux and she’s on Ubuntu Studio 16.04) so it’s not a big deal for us.

1 Like

@dwnomad Just a quick notification that the issue you reported re samba configuration has now been addressed so as of yesterdays Rockstor version 3.8-14.04 testing channel updates this should be fixed.

Thanks for the report.

I updated and Samba is now working as expected. Thanks!

@dwnomad Thanks for the update and additional confirmation of fix.

Glad it’s now working for you.