My Orginal post on who we are and what we were doing

Usually I do not let (forum drama, crap get to me) working in the toxic gaming industry as a Community Manager taught me to have thick skin. That was back in the 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s but up to 2020 I have watch chats, forums and other “places” turn to absolute whine fests.

Now this brings me to my original post. I spoke with @phillxnet in emails before ever posting here and he wanted me to make sure I did not post links etc and as an ex-CM I knew all about that. Unless it was for learning purposes.
Now, for the people that complained, what was there to complain about did you not read the post or maybe only part of it? I wrote it the way I did for context, explaining why we were doing and why and this is what I am looking in a program and then ask for advice from what @phillxnet said was a very knowledgeable group of people.

Well, I had to say my 2 pence.

D…

@CJ_and_Darren I’m afraid this was most probably my fault actually, as although I copied @Flox, our intrepid forum moderator and lead contributing developer into our original email, and he did in fact un-flag your post fairly rapidly; I was possibly negligent in not commenting on your original post myself directly, indicating it to be a continuation of our email conversation. But as you might imagine I’m often pulled in many directions.

As you likely appreciate a forum is up for abuse, and all the more these days, and to keep things as good as we can here we encourage folks to mark/flag stuff, until it’s clear that the post is OK. That is all that happened with your original post I think. Apologies for not jumping on your post with some validation, however it was only flagged for a short time and it’s probably best not to take it personally; as is so easily done. At least that’s my experience with forum comment.

It was only later, once you had begun contributing more generally, that it became clear you were not purely self interested. We have to have a flag first policy really as otherwise things can go down hill fairly rapidly, at least that’s what I’ve heard. I’ve also heard from interviews with some well known community/forum managers that one needs to flag as early as possible. So with the given context of my failure to acknowledge the post, I stand by the original flagging, if nothing more that as a cautionary procedure. I’m actually quite surprised at the number of posts we get that are out and out spam, but most of these are caught by the forum itself so that’s nice. I guess that means we are getting a little more well known.

Hope that helps, and that we can put this to bed now. And again, apologies for any offence you may have felt as a potential result of my inaction. I just need to learn how to bi/trilocate and I’m sorted :slight_smile:

1 Like

All, is good. I have no problems. I deleted it personally just so there is no further problems., With others or new people.

D…

1 Like