Order of Environment variables

I’m currently trying to write a custom Rock-on that would include several containers. As such, a lot of environment variables would need to be defined at the installation step.
When looking at the Rock-on documentation, I found the following:

Environment object

{
  "description": "<Detailed description. Eg: Login username for Syncthing UI>",
  "label": "Web-UI username",
  (optional)"index": <integer: 1 or above. order of this environment variable, if relevant>
}

Where can I find more information on the index option? Does it simply correspond to the order of the variable across all containers defined in the json file? Is there a way to group the definition of variables across multiple pages in order to ease the process (for instance, one page per container)?

In advance, thanks for the help!

For those interested, I can’t seem to make use of this index option…

1. If "index": 10 or more, the webUI returns the following error:
[09/Aug/2017 11:12:55] ERROR [storageadmin.views.rockon:109] list assignment index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 106, in post
    self._create_update_meta(r, rockons[r])
  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 145, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 304, in _create_update_meta
    self._update_env(co, c_d)
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 373, in _update_env
    for k in self._sorted_keys(cc_d):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 349, in _sorted_keys
    sorted_keys[idx-1] = k
IndexError: list assignment index out of range
[09/Aug/2017 11:12:55] ERROR [storageadmin.util:44] exception: Errors occurred while processing updates for following Rock-ons. Nextcloud (with Letsencrypt): list assignment index out of range
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 106, in post
    self._create_update_meta(r, rockons[r])
  File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.8.16-py2.7.egg/django/utils/decorators.py", line 145, in inner
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 304, in _create_update_meta
    self._update_env(co, c_d)
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 373, in _update_env
    for k in self._sorted_keys(cc_d):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 349, in _sorted_keys
    sorted_keys[idx-1] = k
IndexError: list assignment index out of range
  1. If the index is < 10, I don’t have this error anymore, but the order of variables does not follow the order defined in the JSON file.

Does anybody have any idea of how the index argument works in the JSON file?