Postfix mail alert issue

When I attempt to add a sender email account I receive the following error.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 41, in _handle_exception
yield
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/email_client.py", line 175, in post
systemctl('postfix', 'restart')
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/services.py", line 64, in systemctl
return run_command([SYSTEMCTL_BIN, switch, service_name])
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/system/osi.py", line 107, in run_command
raise Exception(msg)
Exception: Exception while running command(['/usr/bin/systemctl', 'restart', 'postfix']): [Errno 24] Too many open files

@djevo1 Hello again.
So all we see here is a “Too many open files” on a harmless, and possibly unrelated, restart of postfix. Could it be your system disk is suffering from inode or file descriptor exhaustion?

df -i

Also there is

lsof

(list open files) to see if something is hogging a tone of the file handlers:

ulimit -n

and for file descriptor limit

cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max 

We have also had the following observation, but only by a single contributor:

If you could add anything, ie via confirming the same finding etc, to that bug report then please do.
The reporter assumed our front end was PHP but the finding looks sound, just not sure just yet of what causes the open file count ‘leak’.

Sorry this is a bit vague but I’ve only come across this myself once before and I think that was inode related and was way before Rockstor. Probably a file handler leak in your case though.

Hope that helps.

Here is the output of cat
/proc/sys/fs/file-max

cat /proc/sys/fs/file-max

lsof

The item with the most use is gunicorn

ulimit -n

I am still getting the error however after changing the max files open.

I am also having the same exact issue. It makes this server application completely unusable. anyone have any ideas I have also tried everything listed above but everything is running normally.