Rock-on.json "Lower level exception: No JSON object could be decoded" [SOLVED]

I tried to add some Rock-Ons @bug11 provides under https://github.com/tronder88/rockons-extra

duplicatitronder88.json and owncloudtronder88.json were downloaded via wget to /opt/rockstor/rockons-metastore/.

When I hit [Update] in the Web-UI it tells me:

Error while processing Rock-on profile at
/opt/rockstor/rockons-metastore/owncloudtronder88.json. Lower level
exception: No JSON object could be decoded

This also happens for duplicatitronder88.json. Does anyone have an idea what I can do?

Thank you all.

[19/Apr/2016 09:04:24] DEBUG [storageadmin.util:48] Current Rockstor version: 3.8-12.11
[19/Apr/2016 09:04:24] ERROR [smart_manager.data_collector:320] failed to update Rock-on metadata. low-level exception: Error while processing Rock-on profile at /opt/rockstor/rockons-metastore/owncloudtronder88.json. Lower level exception: No JSON object could be decoded
[19/Apr/2016 09:04:37] ERROR [storageadmin.util:41] Error while processing Rock-on profile at /opt/rockstor/rockons-metastore/owncloudtronder88.json. Lower level exception: No JSON object could be decoded
[19/Apr/2016 09:04:37] ERROR [storageadmin.util:46] request path: /api/rockons/update method: POST data: <QueryDict: {}>
[19/Apr/2016 09:04:37] ERROR [storageadmin.util:47] exception: No JSON object could be decoded
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/rest_framework_custom/generic_view.py", line 40, in _handle_exception
    yield
  File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 375, in _get_available
    ds = json.load(fo)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 290, in load
    **kw)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 338, in loads
    return _default_decoder.decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 365, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 383, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Hey,

I dont know if you read the bottom of the Readme, Owncloud is not completed, as there is some error I cant figure out. Need a day to really study. It is uploaded for others to have a look if they want.

But, I am a bit surprised that the duplicati also gives the same error. Could you please try to remove the owncloud an just test with duplicati? just to eliminate possible error.

EDIT: Aha! I see the problem :smiley: It could be that wget does not work from Github, similar to that save target when rightclick in windows… It gives some random stuff in the JSON file.

Thanks for informing me about this @OpenSourceUser

Affirmative! I downloaded the zip archive now and I can confirm that the json files work. (Successfully added Duplicati) :slight_smile::ok_hand:

I also noticed that you updated the Readme :thumbsup: