Rock-on's & CLI

how do I get to try out your Rock-on’s What is the procedure.
How to access this CLI that is shown in the docs. SSH to the computer gives me the standard Bash Shell

Thanks in advance,

-Ted

After review it looks like that the Plex Docker image timhaak/plex was downloaded. If I manually start it using /start.sh, it states it is running, but I am unable to access it via the ip/port I specified during the web install. If I start it using /bin/bash I jump into the image it looks ok to me, unfortunately I have little experience with Dockers, I have only played with them once before this.
Either way the rockstor web interface states it is not installed.

Commands I used are:
docker ps -a
docker inspect Plex
docker run -i -t timhaak/plex /start.sh
cntrl-c to exit
docker run -i -t timhaak/plex /bin/bash

Thanks,

-Ted

I currently don’t have a use case for the CLI. Just wanted to check it out. Unless the CLI gave additional options over the Web so that any changes I normally would do in the bash shell are registered with the Rockstor app. IE global settings for samba or adding my own Docker’s that can be controlled by the Rockstor Web interface could be some examples.

-Ted

OpenVPN installed easily. Plex on the other hand always starts to install then just disappears.
I gave Plex its own share with about 100GB of space. I’ve increased it to 300GB but it made no difference.
I tried using the same share that I gave to Rock-on’s but that also fails. What size should the share for Rock-on service should be. What size should the share be for Plex? Can I create shares off of the install disk for this, or does it require to be installed on the storage pool?
I’ve re-installed rockstor twice thinking I’ve done something wrong. Any direction on this would be helpful.

Thanks,

-Ted

Hi Ted. Welcome to Rockstor community.

As of 3.7-4 update, you’ll see the ROCK-ONS tab in the navbar of the web-ui. Click on it go to the screen where you can click on update to check for new Rock-ons. You also need to configure the service.

Various buttons have tool tips and error messages are informative to help and try to make the process intuitive and self guided. Once the Rock-on service is configured and turned on, you can install them.

Currently, it’s a very limited release with just OpenVPN and Plex. There is a self guided install wizard that makes things somewhat clear with tooltips. But in the coming weeks, we’ll have better help available both in the form of written documentation and youtube videos. And we’ll add more Rock-ons.

Regarding the CLI, you are the only one that asked for it in a long time. It’s far from complete and doesn’t support many features – definitely not Rock-ons. I suggest using the web-ui instead. And you are right that when you ssh you get bash – which is a regression. I am curious to learn more about your CLI usecase and go from there.