Rockstor-4.1.0-0 dependancy error - 'python-dbus-python'

Hi All,

When following the instructions for ’ Install on Vanilla openSUSE/SuSE SLES’ and I get to this command

zypper in --no-recommends rockstor-4.1.0-0

I got this response

Mediavault:~ # zypper in --no-recommends rockstor-4.1.0-0
Loading repository data…
Reading installed packages…
Resolving package dependencies…

Problem: nothing provides ‘python-dbus-python’ needed by the to be installed rockstor-4.1.0-0.x86_64
Solution 1: do not install rockstor-4.1.0-0.x86_64
Solution 2: break rockstor-4.1.0-0.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Choose from above solutions by number or cancel [1/2/c/d/?] ©:

I did quite a bit of searching on the net to not come up with any good solutions or hints about this. I decided to forge ahead and install but I am not sure of the impact that this will have on the stability of the install.

Thanks
Andrew

Hi there again,

As detailed in your other thread, this relates to the underlying Leap 15.4. See below for more details if you haven’t already:

The python-dbus-python package is used in Rockstor for the SSSD InfoPipe backend that we use to fetch users and groups information when the system has the LDAP or AD services configured and running. You would thus not be able to use those. Note that there may be other breakages of which I can’t think right now, though.

It seems you were able to go ahead and finish the install, though, is that the case? I’m actually curious about your findings of what work/doesn’t work in this case :slight_smile:

2 Likes