Root filesystem full on new install for unexplained reasons

I am new to Rockstor and have installed it using a single drive for my root filesystem and a collection of 7 other drives as a data pool (RAID 1).

I intend to use this server as a backup server (via SFTP). Since this server will replace an existing SFTP server, I began transferring data using rsync from the other server. This transfer stalled part-way through the transfer, and after multiple attempts that also stalled, I decided to reboot the Rockstor server.

After reboot, I could not connect to the web UI but was able to log in via SSH. I discovered that my root filesystem is full:

[root@backup1 Backup]# btrfs fi df /
Data, single: total=144.54GiB, used=144.53GiB
System, DUP: total=8.00MiB, used=16.00KiB
Metadata, DUP: total=1.00GiB, used=321.53MiB
GlobalReserve, single: total=180.23MiB, used=0.00B
[root@backup1 Backup]# btrfs fi us /
Overall:
    Device size:		 146.56GiB
    Device allocated:		 146.56GiB
    Device unallocated:		   4.00MiB
    Device missing:		     0.00B
    Used:			 145.16GiB
    Free (estimated):		   7.67MiB	(min: 7.67MiB)
    Data ratio:			      1.00
    Metadata ratio:		      2.00
    Global reserve:		 180.23MiB	(used: 0.00B)

Data,single: Size:144.54GiB, Used:144.53GiB
   /dev/sda3	 144.54GiB

Metadata,DUP: Size:1.00GiB, Used:321.53MiB
   /dev/sda3	   2.00GiB

System,DUP: Size:8.00MiB, Used:16.00KiB
   /dev/sda3	  16.00MiB

Unallocated:
   /dev/sda3	   4.00MiB

This despite the fact that I was transferring files only to the data pool (not the root filesystem).

Using “du” I cannot find any files that account for anything close to the full space of the root filesystem, so I am assuming this means the root filesystem has somehow become corrupted.

Questions:

1. Are there known issues with Rockstor/btrfs that can result in a full filesystem such as I described?
  2. Is there any way to diagnose more fully why BTRFS believes the filesystem is full when I cannot find any files that take up space anywhere close to the size of the filesystem?
  3. Is there a way to recover my root filesystem, or is it best to re-install Rockstor and hope this doesn’t re-occur?

Geoff