SFTP Share issues with Filezilla and Shell

Hi.

I have create a sftp share following guide: http://rockstor.com/docs/sftp/sftp.html#the-rockstor-sftp-system

I have created an user with shell /bin/bash. This user is owner of the share exported in SFTP Service.

With Filezilla I have this error: FATAL ERROR: Received unexpected end-of-file from SFTP server

In SSH connection the common commands like ls, cd, mkdir, vi, ecc…there aren’t (command not found).

Export command in user shell:

-bash-4.2$ export
declare -x HOME="/home/ftpext"
declare -x LOGNAME=“ftpext”
declare -x MAIL="/var/mail/ftpext"
declare -x OLDPWD
declare -x PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin"
declare -x PWD="/"
declare -x SHELL="/bin/bash"
declare -x SHLVL=“1”
declare -x SSH_CLIENT=“10.0.50.79 64931 22”
declare -x SSH_CONNECTION=“10.0.50.79 64931 10.0.1.20 22”
declare -x SSH_TTY="/dev/pts/1"
declare -x TERM=“xterm”
declare -x USER=“ftpext”
declare -x XDG_RUNTIME_DIR="/run/user/1002"
declare -x XDG_SESSION_ID=“110”
declare -x declare

What I wrong?

Thank You.

I have resolve it changing subsystem in SSH Daemon configuration like follow:

To: Subsystem sftp internal-sftp

After restart ssh service:

systemctl restart sshd.service

1 Like

@starless A rather belated welcome to the Rockstor community to you.

And thanks for the report and sharing your work around. From memory I thought your config was what we put in place anyway. @Flox when/if you get time could you please give this thread a quick look as I thought we used the internal-sftp option anyway.

@starless could you confirm the version of Rockstor you are using.

yum info rockstor

should say what you have installed.

Apologies for the lack of attention on this post/report, purely down to available human resources I’m afraid.

Thanks again for the report, and sharing your findings. Much appreciated.

HI Philip.

This is my version:

Version : 3.9.1

I have download the ISO, installed it and update with yum update.

I don’t understand how I can upgrade to version 4.0.6 that is last update in this moment.

@starless Re:

Yes it’s currently not a download as we are still pre Stable release but a DIY installer option with instructions is available here:

Quite a few forum member have now successfully build this installer so if you do try that (recommended) then if you hit a snag do please ask here on the forum and with patience you should get a response. Plus we want it to be as easy as possible so feedback on problems folks face is good.

The 3.9.1 release is now several years old but if you build the 4 variant it will be right up to date, including all pending upstream updates so is definitely preferred. And this age may well explain the issue you are facing.

Otherwise you may just have to update your 3.9.1-0 via:

yum update

at the command line and answer the fairly obvious questions it may ask.

There is not update path from 3 to 4 unfortunately, bar importing the pool and a saved config that you have downloaded. So if you are doing a re-install then definitely consider having a go at the DIY installer recipe as once you get to know it it’s actually fairly straight forward. And again, do ask here on the forum if you have difficulties as we would like to have, as general knowledge, this ability as it can be really useful to have an installer with all updates pre-installed. Especially on newer hardware that sometimes needs these installed before being able to work, and one ends up with a chicken and egg scenario.

Hope that helps and let us know how you get on.

3 Likes