Share Size Must be an Integer

So, I am about to create a new share, and set its size to 1024GB, but the system told me that the share size must be an integer, which already is. I tried other things like 1000GB, still didn’t work.

Here’s the screenshot of my settings:

Error message (Since new users can only post one picture, genius!):
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/share.py”, line 50, in _validate_share_size
size = int(size)
TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not ‘NoneType’

Update: I created a 1GB share and resized it to 1TB. Now it works.

i’m facing the same problem:

Brief description of the problem

[write here]

Detailed step by step instructions to reproduce the problem

I tryied to create an share with 1TB

after hitting submit the error occured.

Web-UI screenshot

Error Traceback provided on the Web-UI

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/share.py", line 50, in _validate_share_size size = int(size) TypeError: int() argument must be a string or a number, not 'NoneType'

Hi all,
don’t remember if a Github issue still exists, but I can confirm it.

It’s related to d3 slider and not Rockstor Backend (js code mods required)

1 Like

@Flyer on a related note I used the d3 slider in my hdparm settings page to select APM level. There I required an integer but can’t remember what I did. Pretty sure they are the only 2 places it’s used in Rockstor. The co-founder was one of the original authors of d3 slider I believe.

Any changes we make to our copy of d3 slider directly would have to be wise to knock on effects in the APM setting use of it (which was a bit hacky I’m afraid: sorry).

1 Like

Hi @phillxnet,
not going to modify D3 :wink: I remember had a check on “Create share” code and issue is not on D3 itself but on our slider js (If I’m not wrong something related to decimal separator or similar)

Will check it asap.
M.

Hi all, this solves both issues

Mirko

1 Like