Sickbeard rockon disapppeared

I had sickbeard running and now the rockon seems to have disappeared from both installed and All categories. I can see the docker containers (which is not running but I can run it from the CLI with docker) and everything is there.

Is there a way to “reset” the docker container or a process to manually uninstall a rockon (similar to the uninstall command launched on GUI). I don’t want to just delete the docker container because I am not sure that would resolve the issue.

RockStorAPIException: Cannot add/remove volume definitions of the container(sickbeard) as it belongs to an installed Rock-on(Sickbeard). Uninstall it first and try again. [29/Apr/2016 18:41:52] ERROR [storageadmin.util:46] request path: /api/rockons/update method: POST data: <QueryDict: {}> [29/Apr/2016 18:41:52] ERROR [storageadmin.util:47] exception: Errors occurred while processing updates for following Rock-ons. Sickbeard: Cannot add/remove volume definitions of the container(sickbeard) as it belongs to an installed Rock-on(Sickbeard). Uninstall it first and try again. Traceback (most recent call last): File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 105, in post self._create_update_meta(r, rockons[r]) File "/opt/rockstor/eggs/Django-1.6.11-py2.7.egg/django/db/transaction.py", line 371, in inner return func(*args, **kwargs) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/views/rockon.py", line 257, in _create_update_meta handle_exception(Exception(e_msg), self.request) File "/opt/rockstor/src/rockstor/storageadmin/util.py", line 52, in handle_exception raise RockStorAPIException(detail=e_msg) RockStorAPIException: Cannot add/remove volume definitions of the container(sickbeard) as it belongs to an installed Rock-on(Sickbeard). Uninstall it first and try again. [29/Apr/2016 18:41:52] DEBUG [storageadmin.util:48] Current Rockstor version: 3.8-13 [29/Apr/2016 18:42:42] ERROR [storageadmin.util:46] request path: /api/rockons/update method: POST data: <QueryDict: {}>

I am having the same issue but with syncthing. i was trying to add a storage after running the container, then it dissapeared from the installed and available section.

any luck with yours? @magicalyak

My advice would be stop, uninstall, create new shares and wait a little for the system to sync up. I ultimately reninstalled RockStor after this issue so I never really resolved it.

the trouble is I cant find the option to remove the syncthing, it disappeared from the selection. I checked via CLI, it’s not even listed as a running container.
this is not good :frowning:

You can ensure the docker container is gone but…more than likely the rockon plugin thinks it’s there when it is not (which seemed to be my issue). The way I fixed it was to recreate the rockon share and setup the rockons from scratch. You can go through the configs one by one on the GUI and screenshot (which is what I did) but you’ll also want to ensure you have some backups of the configs just in case. As long as docker is running you should be able to get most of the information from here.

docker inspect NAME

You can save it to a file by adding this after the command, this will let you have a text file of the configs.
docker inspect NAME > NAME-config.txt

under the “Env” section are most settings you’ll need to remember to recreate the rockon. Also under “Binds” should be the shares you’ll need and under “PortBindings” will be the ports

This may not help but with that information, you should be able to recreate the rockons share.

As for removing the images and containers (this can break your rockon registry though).

Double check and list all docker containers (you need -a)
docker ps -a

You can stop and delete the container if it’s there
docker stop NAME
docker rm NAME

you can then check the images just to clear that up
docker images
docker rmi NAME

1 Like

Hi @magicalyak
yep i have done all that beforehand, the issue is not with docker i believe but rathar with rockstor not updating the information correctly. Thinking it is still installed and advising us to uninstall it, how can we uninstall something that is not there in the first place :slight_smile:

so what did you go through to reinstall rockstor from fresh? did you back up and restore the config? or you start completely from 0?

Cheers

Restarted at 0 except for the share data. I have the OS on a seperate disk. You need to remember any permissions but otherwise it should be able to reuse the existing shares.

ok, because what may happen if I use the config backup and restore, the issue will follow around. I might do just that.

Cheers

It stinks to do it but you’ll be 100% free of any weird bugs. You’re thinking correctly. Some good news though, I haven’t had any issues like that since! Don’t give up!